What can I do about terrible acne breakout following Smart xide CO2 dot treatment? (Photo)

3 days ago I had the CO2 dot laser on my face and neck. I have been using Aquafor and Elta MD posrproceure cream. After the second day my forehead was covered with tiny white pimples which have now turned into raised red dots. I have tried soaking paper towels in diluted vinegar but doesn't seem to do anything. I've never had acne before in my life. Any tips please?

Breakouts after using occlusive moisturizer

Thank you for your question afintx3529. I am sorry to hear about your situation. The SmartXide fractional CO2 laser resurfacing is an outstanding treatment that can address multiple aspects of aging in a single treatment. Occlusive moisturizers help with the healing process. Some people have sensitive skin and when too much is applied breakouts can occur. In these cases I recommend using less of the moisturizer and using it more frequently.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Acne after Smartxide

This is a common problem after fractional laser resurfacing and ideally should be prevented before the procedure. I would ask your doctor if a tetracycline based treatment and maybe Spironolactone would be a good option to take care of this. Best wishes

Acne after Smartxide