Can a non-surgical nose job fix this/ is it suitable for me? (Photo)

I've always wanted rhinoplasty, however cannot afford it at this moment in time. I recently discovered non surgical procedures and am curious if that could be a temporary solution for me. I have attached photos of what I think it would look like and would like a Dr's opinion on if this is achievable. Top pic is obviously the original and the bottom pic was altered. Thank you

Can a non-surgical nose job fix this/ is it suitable for me?

Non-surgical rhinoplasty involves adding volume to the nose as you have done with your altered photo. While it can camouflage an indention or lack of volume, the overall aesthetic goal is to have everything be in balance. With the height of your nasal dorsum (top) being as high as it is, getting a 3-D image (avalilable in our practice) of what it would look like with the filler in place will give you a better idea, if that is what you really want. To bring down the dorsum and add a little volume to the columella or center strut of the nose would likely require a surgical rhinoplasty.

You are doing it right. Getting information on what is available before you make a decision, will help you make the right choice.

John Standefer MD

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty Candidate

Unfortunately you are not a good candidate for filler to the nose, this type of nose needs a surgical improvement and should be treated by a well trained rhinoplasty expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

The profile picture suggests that your radix (the root of the nose where it meets the brow) is a bit low, further exaggerating the apparent hump. Building up the radix with a filler can indeed provide a much nicer appearance to the nose and is certainly less expensive, LESS risky, and has less downtime than a surgical rhinoplasty. For my patients who might benefit from a non-surgical rhinoplasty, I prefer to start with a filler like Juvederm, which is temporary. That way the patient can "try it on," so to speak.

If the patient really enjoys the filled appearance but doesn't want to keep maintaining a temporary filler, I will inject Bellafill (the only FDA-approved permanent filler, formerly called Artefill) after the Juvederm is gone. Likewise, I can also augment this area surgically via an open rhinoplasty, which also allows even more options for customizing the shape of the nose.

--David C. Pearson, M.D.
Pearson Facial Plastic Surgery®

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

I think that you would, essentially, be covering up a deformity with another deformity. The proper solution for your nose would be to do a dorsal reduction rhinoplasty. That would restore balance and harmony to your nose, creating a very appealing and natural look. Good luck.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

From the picture it seems that you want the dorsum (top of the nose) elevated. This is easily accomplished with an HA filler like restylane or voluma. It can be removed if you don't like it.

It burns no bridges and may be all you want and need.

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Non- surgical rhinoplasty

In our practice, we do not recommend a nonsurgical rhinoplasty which is only temporary, is not FDA approved for that application in the United States, and can have significant complications such as skin necrosis. In addition, fillers make the nose bigger taller than wider, not smaller. The after photo cannot be accomplished with filler placement in the nose
 The Photographs demonstrate an overly projecting nose with a dorsal hump, and a weak chin profile. A rhinoplasty procedure can address decreasing the projection of the nose, shaving down the dorsal hump, and refining the tip and bridge. Consider a chin implant to give added projection to the chin to help with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose. For many examples and more information, please see the link and the video below to our rhinoplasty/ chin implant photo gallery