What surgery is necessary to have normal (not snoopy-like, fuller, and with cleavage) breasts? (Photo)

I think I have tuberous breasts. I have puffy areolas, wide space between my breasts, and a droop despite only being 23 (5'2 &117 lbs) w/out kids. Would it require more than one surgery to fix them (lift,implant,etc)and if needed, what would the price range for each? I'd like them bigger so no guy ever confuses my belly for my boobs again, but more than anything I want to be able to undress w/out snuffing out any/all light. The shape is odd &embarrassing and I want to be happy in my skin.

You don't have tuberous breasts. Your IMF is normal, your breast is not constricted, and your breast tissue does not herniate into your areola (they would be much puffier). You do have a long chest with grade 1 ptosis. Mastopexy of any kind is overkill unless you like your size and want lots of scars. Just put in implants. If you droop in 20 years, get a mastopexy then.

Tuberous Breasts

Thank you for your question and photos. It appears that you could achieve the improvements you are looking for with a combination of circumareolar breast lift and implants. Your Plastic Surgeon can balance and correct your areolas as well as release constriction in the lower poles to allow rounding out of the breasts. Placing implants further fills out and reshapes the breast. I recommend that you book an in-person consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in this area to discuss your goals and options.

All the best

Breast surgery

You seem to be an excellent candidate for just breast augmentation. With one surgery the shape of your breast can be addressed.

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

Treating Tubular Breasts

Tubular breasts or #tuberous breast deformity are breasts with unusual shape. They may be very narrow at the base on the chest or the whole breast itself can be very narrow. There are different variations of tuberous breast deformity. Basically, it is a growth and development problem that may cause a lot of angst for young woman.

Those with #TuberousBreasts are ideal candidates for #BreastLifts. Also, women with asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) also may be candidates for a breast lift or a modification of a lift. #Asymmetric breast can be adjusted by adding or removing volume. One side can be tightened more or less than another.

Often #BreastLift candidates experience more satisfying results by combining a #BreastLift with #implants to restore superior fullness. In some cases, harvesting one's own fat and transfering it to their breast can be an alternative to implants for qualfying candidates. The options best for you will be discussed during your one-on-one consultation.

Your breast surgery should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience with breast augmentation and the incision type, implant placement, and implant type. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your #BreastLift and/or #BreastAugmentation. Aside from checking #board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

What surgery is necessary to have normal (not snoopy-like, fuller, and with cleavage) breasts

Thank you for your question. You will have a good result with breast implants. It is not possible to correct asymmetry. I don't think your ready for a breast lift at this time.  Consult with a board certified Plastic Surgeon. Best Wishes

You simply need breast implants

You do not have trulely tuberous breasts. You can have size, cleavage and fullnessin your breasts with subglandular silicone gel implants. Asymmetry between two breast will persist. Attempts at aeolar surgery or lifting will just give you additional scars without proportinate improvements to justify scarring. 
You are looking at price range of about $ 7000

Vasdev Rai, MD

What surgery is necessary to have normal (not snoopy-like, fuller, and with cleavage) breasts?

Fortunately you do not have a tubular breast.  Based on your photo you should be able to achieve a nice result with a simple breast augmentation.  There is slight restriction or constriction around the base of the areola but I would hope that the breast implant could stretch this and give you a nice result.  Vascular surgeon about doing a release of the periareolar tissue to improve this.  If implants alone do not correct the areola a circumareolar Mastel Bexley can be done at a later date.  However I am hopeful that implants alone are all that you need.

Tuberous breasts - what is needed?

Thank you for your question about your tuberous breasts.
  • I agree with your self-assessment -
  • You appear to have a very mild form of tuberous breasts.
  • Surgery could be done at one time - 
  • Your photos suggest that a circumareolar (donut) mastopexy combined with implants and release of lower tightness of the breasts may be what you need.
  • Fees truly vary with region and with surgeon -
  • It may be in the $7000 - $10000 range but your best guide is one or more consultations with qualified plastic surgeons in your area.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Tuberous Breasts/Constricted Breasts/Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Breast Lift

I appreciate your question.

Constricted or tubular breasts tend to be too narrow with a breast crease that is too high. Tight ring-like bands of tissue around the areolae and nipples may create the appearance of protruding or puffy areolae. A higher than normal breast crease may make your nipples appear to be too low or down pointing. Constricted breast features can be very mild or severe. In fact, mild variations are relatively common. To summarize, the features can include:
  • Inframammary fold (breast crease) too high
  • Inframammary fold misshapen
  • Breasts too narrow (disproportionately narrow base width)
  • Insufficient breast skin
  • Constricted or tubular shape, resulting from tight bands of tissue within breasts
  • Protruding or bulging appearance of areolae (pigmented area around nipples)
Improvement is possible and generally includes a breast augmentation, sometimes combined with a lift (mastopexy). The lift is usually limited to an incision around the areolae. During the procedure, I release the tight, constricting bands from the inside, allowing the skin to expand properly. I also lower the inframammary fold to a more ideal position and improve its shape. Breast implants help create the right amount of volume and improve breast contours, resulting in a more rounded or tear drop shape.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Tuberous breasts

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, you appear to be a good candidate for breast implants and a donut (circum-areolar) mastopexy.  This can be performed at the same time and can help to provide more upper pole fullness, more cleavage, lift the breasts, reduce the areola and make the breasts more perky.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS