What is the best stomach tightening technique for someone who lives an extremely healthy life but is slightly overweight?

So I use to be about 150 pounds at 5'1 , I was very unhealthy and appeared very big. I completely changed my health around and got down to 100 pounds. As I got older and began growing I'm now 5'4 and ended up gaining all the weight and then some now at 160 pounds . I am slightly overweight however I workout and eat healthy every single day.i want to lose all the fat in my stomach but don't know what will be the most affective can anyone tell me What laser or surgery will be most affective ?

Examination needed

Weight gain and weight loss can be a roller coaster on your body and the stretched skin has a hard time tightening up. A tummy tuck will likely be your best option but an in-person consultation is really necessary to give accurate advice. Your BMI is about 30 currently and some plastic surgeons will likely recommend losing more weight prior to surgery. See a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery for more information. Hope this helps

Josh Olson MD

Body Contouring: Informations

Dear Ms. Luvie6,

Thank you for your story, questions and questions. Unfortunately without a examination I can advise you in general terms, however I hope you will find them helpful.

"Best" is difficult to determine and depends on a personal exam and discussion
of the benefits and the limitations of the particular technology.

For clarification body contouring (by fat reduction) can be divided into two major categories:
I. Non surgical fat reduction
There are various technologies that are non surgical and they include but are not limited to:
1) ultrasound (Ultrashape)
2) freezing (Coolsculpt)
3) Radio Frequency (RF)
Topical (Vellashape III, Thermi Smooth)
Injectable (Thermi Tight)
4) injectable (Kybella)
5) topical laser (Zerona)
I personally use Ultrashape , Vellashape III, Thermi, Kybella for those patients who after discussion would like a non surgical alternative. Depending on the anatomical area and
only after clear and realistic expectations will we proceed.

II. Liposuction
Lipo suction is the "Gold Standard" for fat removal of diet rest ant fat There are various types, including but not limited to:
Liposuction
1)suction asst. Liposuction (SAL)
2) ultrasonic asst. liposuction (UAL)
3) power asst. liposuction (PAL)
4) laser asst. liposuction (LAL)
5) water asst. liposuction (WAL)
They are all effective and are secondary to the experience of the Plastic Surgeon with the particular liposuction technology.
In addition to liposculpting many of us have added non surgical methods "to shrink skin"
after liposculpture using Radio Frequency(RF)devices. Two such devices I personally
use are Vellashape III and Thermi Tight.

III Abdominoplasty
There are four types of abdominoplasties. A-C All have horizontal
incisions and D has a significant vertical compotent.
A) mini- muscle tightened below umbilicus to pubic bone
B) standard- muscle tightened from breast bone to pubic bone
C) extended as in standard but incision longer to excise excess skin/fat in outer thigh
area
D) fleur de lis- same as standard but in addtion excess skin/fat excised in a vertical
direction.

Each of the above categories (and the various sub groups) have their benefits and limitations and need a personal examination and discussion with a experienced
Plastic Surgeon who utilizes both categories.

I recommend that you make several consultative appointments with Plastic Surgeons who are experienced and Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. In addition ideally they are members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

I wish you my best and success,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a TT

In person exam

Thank you for the question.  It would be difficult to asses your situation without photos and an in-person exam.  This is the only way you can get a more accurate or reliable answer.  There are procedures like liposuction, tummy tuck, laser skin tightening, and the like.  Find a local board-certified plastic surgeon in your area and get a full evaluation.  Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Best stomach tightening technique?

Various surgical techniques are better in different people.
If your abdominal muscles were streched by pregnancy and or obesity, a Rummy Tuck may be your best bet. If you were never pregnant a combination Liposuction with possible a MINI-Tummy Tuck may be better.
Without an examination, photographs and a full history it is hard to answer your question.

Peter Aldea MD
Memphis, TN

Following the advice from anyone who would tell you what to do without taking a full medical history, examining you, assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon who you are comfortable with and one that you trust. Listen to his or her advice. Your surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  It's hard to say without photos.  You would require an in-person consultation and examination anyhow.  Be sure to consult with an experienced plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Stomach Tightening Technique

Thank you very much for your question.

It's probably best if you consult with a plastic surgeon to discuss your options.  They will be able to examine you and determine which approach is best for you.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Thank you for your question. I would recommend that you visit a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns and find an option that fits you best. An in-person assessment is always best.

Good luck,

Martin Jugenburg, MD