Staged lift and augmention vs same time (photos)

I have spoken to 3 PS, two PS suggested staged lift w/implants at a later time & one suggested same time. Cost is not the concern, I am willing to pay (and/or travel) for the most perfect outcome but am confused on which route to go to achieve that. I am 35yr old with a saggy, natural 34dd and do not want to go up or down in cup size, but do wish for the volume at top of breast with perkiness that will allow me to finally wear strapless dresses and string bikinis.

Staged lift and augmention vs same time

First you have very natural nice appearing  normal breasts.

Second you want to be certain that you achieve your desired result which is increased upper pole fullness.

I definitely would recommend a staged procedure.  It is impossible to accurately estimate  the amount of breast implant volume to place at the same time your breasts are lifted.

You need a very experienced board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic breast surgery.

Understand that you are considering having incisions placed on very normal attractive breasts.

I am not discouraging you but is crucial  that you find the best surgeon.

I also want you to please understand that upper pole fullness and cleavage that you see in a bikini top or pushup bra is only possible when wearing a bikini or pushup bra.  Even a perfect breast left with implants is unlikely to give permanent fullness above the nipple areola without the support of a bikini top or bra.

Staged or Simultaneous Augmentation and Lift

As you can see from the various answers, experienced plastic surgeons differ on which approach is better (staged or simultaneous lift and augmentation).  In my practice, there isn't one right answer.  I individualize it to the specific situation.  Given that you want to stay the same size and you are already a D cup, I would recommend a lift as a first stage.  Then if you still want more upper pole fullness in the future, you could add implants at a later date.  Best of luck. 

Laurence Weider, MD

Wanting to be the same size

If you wanting to the same size but just perkier, why not consider a breast lift only; now if you do want to be larger espeically on the left side (this is your limiting breast as it is the smaller), then you should have implants placed at the same time; it is very important to do these surgeries at the same time as they will directly effect each other (meaning that your lift and tissue removal is affected by your implant size); i.e. the larger implant that you choose the less skin that needs to be hemmed out. Hope this explanation makes sense. Please see examples of simultaneous breast lifts and implant placement below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Yes, surgeons are split on this one. I sometimes suggest staging the procedure and sometime we do both procedures at the same time. It depends on the findings at exam and on the patient's goals. Many women with as much breast tissue as you have find the lift is all they need. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Staged lift and augmention vs same time

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos which show breast ptosis (sagging) with good breast volume, a staged approach would be a good option.  A breast lift (mastopexy) would lift and tighten your breasts, making them look perkier at the same volume.  If you feel that you require more volume, especially at the upper pole, implants can always be placed later on.  This approach is associated with fewer complications compared to combining the 2 procedures.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Staged

This is the first time so many surgeons have agreed with the same plan!  I love it.  You need a lift with NO implants.  You have enough volume.   No implant is needed.   Go to a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this.   Good luck.  I would do a wise pattern lift with an anchor scar for the best shape.   I reshape the breast tissue with internal sutures.  You will look great. 

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

Breast implant with lift question

Thank you for the question, I believe that you do have enough volume in your breasts to allow for a very nice lift in which the volume of your breasts would be raised and it would look perkier. This technique allows you to use your own breast tissue in the reshaping of the breast.  However, I believe in the long run the only thing which stays up and give his upper pole fullness to the breast is a breast implant. It does not have to be a very large breast implant, but added to your lift, it can give you nice added volume to the top. This can be done in one stage I believe. Of course it in person exam and consultation is necessary to make the final determination.
Please remember also that the ability of your breasts to maintain cheap depends on several factors such as your skin tone, whether you have had children, and your skin quality. Please check out our website and good luck!

Kailash Narasimhan, MD
Sherman Plastic Surgeon

You do not need an implant

Hands down best result from come from a superior pedicle breast lift with autoaugmentation where the tissues between your nipple and inframammary fold are tucked under your breast to add projection, fullness and cleavage.  You haver beautiful breasts and do not need an implant.  This is an incredible lift technique and one that can give the illusion of an implant because it works so well!!  Come to Charlotte!!  Hope this helps.

-JGH

Autoaugmentation breast lift

I would agree with the surgens who advocated a staged approach. Many studies have shown an increased risk with combined procedures. There are also many different mastopexy techniques. For somebody with as much volume as you have it might be possible, by keeping virtually everything you have in an autoaugmentation technique (please see my photo gallery on my web site), it might be enough to achieve your goal without implants which, of course, would make you a good bit bigger not just fuller.

Staged lift and augmention vs same time

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue, hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD