Silicone gel implants above the muscle...rippling 10 days post-op that wasn't visible a day ago.

9 months ago I replaced my saline 430cc implants with silicone gel 565cc...I was unhappy with size increase so my doctor exchanged those 10 days ago w/ 695cc gel implants mod profile. Immediately I was happy with size/feel of the implant...already healing better than the previous replacement. however overnight it seems I have rippling on the inside of one implant and some discomfort. How likely is it to have a tear in the internal sutures?...or is it normal to see a difference from day to day?

Contact your plastic surgeon

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, you should go see your plastic surgeon. Online consultants are not the appropriate source of information for you; your plastic surgeon should be your resource when it comes to postoperative care.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Ashburn Plastic Surgeon

Breast revision

Larger implants have larger ripples especially is you switched from a higher profile implant to a lower one. I can't comment on the internal sutures as I'm not sure why you would have needed those with a larger wider type of implant. 

David E. Kim, MD

Rippling

From your description the doctor most likely had to cut and expand the pocket to allow for a larger implant to be placed. Internal sutures may not have been placed.  I would not worry at 10 days out at what you feel you are still healing. It may take 6-8 weeks for the new capsule to form and stabilize the position of the new implant. Follow up with your PS. Good luck

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS