Separation between natural breast and implant when arms are lifted. Is it normal, or should I be worried? (photos)

It's been 2 years since my surgery, and I've healed very nicely, I love my breasts! I'm just wondering if the separation is typical, especially since I got the implants beneath the muscle.

Implants

It is important to see you with your hands down as well. You may have bottoming out.  Best to be evaluated in person.

Your implants are in a space different than your breasts

There is separation between your real breasts and implants since they are separated by muscle inbetween them.  Thus what you see is real and part of submuscular augmentation.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Are my implants ok?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • I am so glad you love your breast implants!
  • If you look good with your arms down at your side, the line made by the muscle over the implant is of no concern.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS