First Sculpsure treatment 6 weeks ago yesterday. Scheduled for another treatment tomorrow. Should I wait longer than 6 weeks?

I've been reading and it sounds like I should wait longer than six weeks for my second treatment. Do you agree? I can't tell if I notice any difference.

Timing second Sculpsure treatment

During the initial evaluation of our patients we will make an assessment of the number of treatments they will need to get a good result. If they need more than one treatment and want to get to their end result as soon as possible I recommend to have the 2nd treatment after 6 weeks as long as there is no signs of inflammation at the time. There is no harm in waiting longer, it will just take longer to get to the end results, which is about 12 weeks after the final treatment. Good luck.

Livingston Physician

Second SculpSure Treatment

We recommend all SculpSure patients be seen at 6 weeks for follow up.  At this time, we can evaluate and determine if a second treatment will be beneficial.  For the typical patient, best results are seen with a second treatment at 6 weeks.  I would follow up with your provider and follow their recommendations.  Different offices may have slightly differing protocols based upon what they have found effective.  However, the SculpSure company suggests a second treatment at six weeks.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. You and your surgeon should develop a SculpSure treatment plan to reach your goals. Keep in mind that results are gradual as the body eliminates unwanted fat over time. Patients can expect fat reduction after just one treatment, but the follow-up treatment(s) will be helpful towards successfully contouring your body. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

6 weeks is the ideal time to do your second treatment of Sculpsure

6 weeks is the ideal time to do your second treatment. Many patients will not see a result from Sculpsure as early as 6 weeks but that should not prevent you from getting your second treatment. After your second treatment, you need to allow 3 months to get the full effect. 

remember there is no magic - you will get a better result if you also exercise and diet more aggressively.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure Treatments

If you feel like you have not seen any visible reduction in fat, then, my suggestion would be to go in for a secondary treatment of SculpSure on the same treatment spots. SculpSure treatments are safe to be repeated every 6 weeks. Patients considering SculpSure treatments should live a well balanced lifestyle that consists of maintaining their weight with a healthy diet and consistent regular physical exercise. Patients should have realistic expectations from their permanent fat reduction procedures and should consider a series of 1- 3 treatments to achieve optimal results. 

SculpSure works by engaging a controlled hypothermic 1060 nm wavelength to the body, targeting the fatty tissue. This wavelength is penetrated deep into the subcutaneous fat cells causing your body to eliminate the fat cells with minimal absorption in the dermis allowing for a safe and effective treatments for all skin types. The heated wavelength establishes a controlled hyperthermic temperature of 42°C and 47°C causing an injury to the adipose, without any damage to the dermal tissue. The damaged adipocytes will be absorbed and removed gradually by the body’s inflammatory process and the volume of fat in the treatment area will decrease. Patients can expect to see results in approximately 6 weeks with optimal results seen in 12 weeks. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Time Needed Between SculpSure Treatments

Having your second treatment six weeks after your initial treatment is actually a great idea. The six week mark is the first point at which you can expect to see results however it can take up to twelve weeks. Clinical research actually shows that repeating treatment six weeks after the first can boost results, seeing final results from both treatments sooner. On the other hand, it is not recommended to do your second treatment before the six week mark, unless of course you are treating a completely different area. The point here is if you plan on having two treatments anyways, waiting longer will just prolong the process - there is no medical reason to wait, so why not do it sooner and see the results faster?

Dennis Gross, MD

#Sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Prcoedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.

The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.

The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.

The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.

It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.

If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.  No compression garment required.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.

I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz

6 weeks or more between treatments?

Thanks for the great question!  In truth, I cannot tell you if 6 (or 4, 8, 12, 22, etc) weeks between SculpSure treatments in the same region is optimal or not and I do not think anyone else can either.  We would only know that if we had a study in which each study patient had different protocols performed on themselves.  For example, you could treat your left side at 6 weeks and your right side at, say, 12 weeks, then compare the before-and-after photos to see if the effects were greater on one side or the other.  My recommendation would be to do it any time after 6 weeks as long as you have no signs of healing still ongoing (tenderness, swelling, redness, tingling, numbness).  If you still have any of those signs of an inflammatory response, then you should wait for sure.  Let the inflammation settle before you induce another round of inflammation with a subsequent treatment in the same area.  I also love the idea of coupling SculpSure with a skin-tightening modality - at my office, have been using Thermi250 and we are getting great results!

Time interval between Sculpsure treatments

Six weeks is the earliest recommended time interval to re-treat the same area so if you wish to re-treat the same area to get more fat destruction in that area, this would be the earliest time to do so.

SculpSure treatment

Thanks for your question. 6 weeks is the time recommended in between treatments, and optimal results are reached at 12 weeks. Should you wish to do another treatment at 6 weeks or later, is to your discretion. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD