Is it safe for a BBW to have a drainless tummy tuck?

Hello im a bbw and im very healthly i dont smoke are drink ..im very well proportion i have no health problems i have give birth to several children im wanting to have a tummy tuck asap .im also wanting a breast reduction im a 42 g now wanting to be a dd.im wanting to get this done asap. I dont mind taking blood thinners im looking for the best doctor in dallas fortworth area..

Drainless tummy tuck

Thanks for your question. In my practice I choose which patients to offer drainless tummy tucks based on how big they are in the midsection and how much abdominal skin and fat I will need to remove. If they are fit and active and a good candidate for a tummy tuck I generally offer drainless tummy tucks. It saves patients the pain and scar of drains and in the right patient will not affect the outcome. Regardless of if I perform a tummy tuck with or without drains I place a lot of sutures to remove the space between the abdominal flap and the underlying fascia (progressive tension sutures). I would recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon in your area to see if you are a good candidate. 

Regards,

Surjit S. Rai, MD (DrRai.net) 

Dallas Physician

Drainless tummy tuck isn't Brainless

Tummy tuck without the use of drains is a novel concept which involves modifications to the classic tummy tuck procedure. It is not simply the same operation just without the use of drains. One of the modifications involves placing quilting sutures. While this is a widely used technique it too has some shortcomings. First, it can lengthen the duration of the surgery. Second it may result in some abdominal contour irregularities which if present you hope will resolve with massage and lastly it may be operator dependent. 

Our technique involves keeping Scarpa's fascia at the abdominal wall and thus the lymphatic system is preserved and drains into the groin lymph nodes. Thus this technique requires a level of sophistication and technique experience to perform. It was pioneered by the Brazilian plastic surgeons and has been reported many times in the literature. 

Look for a plastic surgeon with this experience if you are interested in drainless tummy tuck