Are my results normal? Should I be concerned? (Photos)

I had smart lipo on my chin and neck 8 days ago. My chin/neck feels very "tight" and there are lumps that are tinder to the touch. I wore my head compression for 5 full days and now I am wearing it at night only. I message my neck/chin at night and it feels alittle better after I message it. The doctor took 200 cc out of my chin and honestly it looks worse than it does before. My doctor is not concerned but I am.....

Thanks for your question and photos. 8 days is still very soon. Swelling is normal for a couple of weeks. The lumps are destroyed fat and will dissolve. Continue to massage and allow time to heal. Best, Dr. Katz

Liposuction of the chin.

Swelling and bruising after chin smartlipo can take weeks to months to resolve.  Continue massage and compression and follow up with your surgeon.

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

Smart Lipo

Thank you for your question. Smart Lipo provides a recovery time that ranges a few days to 2 weeks. You are experiencing swelling that will subside over the following months. To expedite your recovery and alleviate any discomfort, please follow your surgeon's recovery instructions carefully. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling post Liposuction--Neck

Swelling and bruising post liposuction can last for months. One week postoperative this is completely normal. For my patients I suggest wearing your garment, seeing a lymphatic massage therapist and trying hyperbaric oxygen chamber to improve overall results and to speed up the recovery process. If this persists please consult with your physician who performed liposuction. Best, Dr. Berger

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

You obviously have a lot of swelling present. It takes several months for all the swelling and the tightening of the skin to occur. Be patient and reevaluate this at that time.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Smart lipo to chin and neck

Hello Sherryann,From you description and photos everything sounds as expected for about a week from your procedure.  Liposuction requires a great deal of patience before your final results are seen.  I often tell patient's that if you have liposuction in summer you start looking good in the fall.  The tightness you are feeling is due to the swelling from the surgery.  Lumps and bumps are part of the healing process and with massage and time they will improve.  Continue to communicate with your doctor and follow your doctor's post operative instructions while you are healing.  Best of Luck!Dr. Rednam

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

Swelling and lumps can persist after liposuction for several months. I suggest treatments such as massage, RF treatments, Venus Legacy and hyperbaric oxygen to drastically reduce swelling. Please follow up with your physician if you have post-operative concerns. Best, Dr. Emer