Do I need more Restylane? (photos)

I got restylane tear through injection (1/2 syringe on each tear trough) a month ago, I loved the immediate results , but now I start seeing the under dark circles again!

Restylane under eye

You can certainly decide to add more volume under eyes. I would make sure you are comfortable with your injector.  In addition, you may want to consider a skin lightening procedure whether it is a laser or skin care/peels etc. 

Restylane and the under eye area, eMatrix

I would suggest returning for a bit more filler under the eye and combine it with eMatrix to help with these fine lines and improve the brilliance of your skin.

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

There are many ways t o treat dark circles, as well as under eye wrinkles and bags. It is important to note however, that the majority of times the cause for discoloration is genetic and due to the viability of the blood vessels below the skin. A combination approach is always needed to get the best results in this area and this includes: topical skin care, laser and/or radiofrequency treatments, and fillers if placed appropriately.
All my patients are on topical lightening agents, typically a vitamin C serum product in the AM and a brightening agent and/or a vitamin A based product in the PM. Sun protection is essential.

Resurfacing and tightening are essential. My patients get offered a menu of options, for which a combination gives the best results. Light salicylic acid peels help give textural and pigment improvement; nonablative lasers (Fraxel or Clear + Brilliant) can be used to tighten and improve fine lines/wrinkles and crepe skin; fractional radiofrequency devices (Sublative, Viva) are cutting edge and improve texture, tone, and wrinkles with very little downtime; radiofrequency with pulsed electromagnetic fields (Venus) are amazing for puffiness and bags, in patients who do not want eyelid surgery; appropriately placed fillers can replace lost volume, cover up the vessels and fat pads below improving the appearance -- patients should pick a well experienced practitioner to prevent complications such as Tyndall (blue discoloration) and irregularities, one that uses a cannula for injection will help give results with little bruising or swelling; microsecond Nd:YAG laser treatments (Laser genesis) has produced dramatic improvement in discoloration in some of my patients and is safe in dark skin types, similar to the radiofrequency devices. For lifting, ablative laser resurfacing such as co2 laser combined with monopoloar radiofrequency deep heating (thermage) give amazing results. The key is for a patient to see a cosmetic dermatologist with experience in all the latest devices and techniques so the persons goals can be met by a combination approach of individualized treatments and skin care. In some cases, those who smile and have crepe skin or under eye wrinkles, a small amount of neurotoxin (botox, dysport, xeomin) strategically placed in the lower eyelid skin can improve wrinkles dramatically and give the eye a more "open" appearance.

Soft Tissue Filler under eyes

When soft tissue fillers are initially injected into the desired area there is a little swelling from the needle placement.   Even though it is a small needle that is used for placement of the filler, there are variable amounts of swelling that can occur.  Quite often patients are happy with the results immediately post treatment and then when the swelling subsides they often decide that they may want a little more product to achieve the desired result.  Judging by the photo you have provided you may want to go back to your doctor and have a little more correction done. 

I hope this was helpful. 
Sincerely, 

Adam Kinal M.D.
Coral Springs, FL  
Board Certified Surgeon
Fellowship trained Cosmetic Surgeon

Adam Kinal, MD
Santa Monica General Surgeon

Restylane uder eyes

It looks like you could use a bit more correction and that should actually last longer this time because you can build up on what is already there

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Filler vs. Laser

Judging from your picture you could benefit from a little more filler in the tear trough area. You may also want to consider some laser treatments to help build collagen and thicken the skin, as well as improve the darker areas. Be well, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon