Remove silicone implants after 5 years and do not want to do any revision.

Is this possible to remove the silicone implants which i had 5 years ago. Im looking for an experience board certified doctor in Dallas and wondering about the price?

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Generally speaking what breasts look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation).  

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.  Again, I would suggest that you select your plastic surgeon carefully; it is likely, that working together you will come up with the best plan of action.  

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Removing breast implants

It is always possible to remove breast implants but there is always the uncertainty what the result will be.   Generally the result is quite good but if skin does not shrink there may be need for some uplift surgery.   It will be best if you do the simple removal and then see at one year if more is indicated.   My Best,   Dr Commons

Ok to remove silicone gel implants with no revision?

Thank you for asking about your gel implant removal.

• You certainly can have your implants removed without a breast lift to restore your shape.
  • The implants however will have significantly changed your breasts' appearance.
  • The capsule will probably also need to also be removed - especially if the breast is hard or the implant is ruptured.
  • You can't tell the price until you speak with the surgeon's office - and even then the final price requires a consultation.
  • So go to the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and find several plastic surgeons near you -
  • Call the offices, explain the problem and make an appointment if you like the way you are treated and if the price seems reasonable to you.
  • The cost will be higher than you expect probably because your last surgery was 5 years ago.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast implant removal

You can certainly have your implants removed without any additional revision.  It doesn't preclude you from having any revision in the future either, as that remains an option if you so choose.  The price will vary by surgeon and location.  If you choose just to have the implants out and leave the capsules in place the surgical time is reduced, as is the cost.

Camille Cash, MD

#Explant #BreasttImplantRemoval - after 5 years

You can, in general, have implants removed without any sort of additional procedure or revision.  The concern is what you will look like if you don't; that's why many women choose to undergo a lift, smaller implants, etc, whether at the same time, or as a staged procedure.  You can find a board-certified plastic surgeon near you at the ASPA site, surgery dot org.  The specific recommendations for you will depend on what you look like so you'll need to discuss this in person with one or more surgeons near you, and then you can make an informed decision as to exactly what you're going to do.  I hope that this helps and good luck.  Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500