Realistic to drastically narrow and shorter nose? (photos)

My nose is very thick and very wide/large compared to my small everything else (eyes, lips/mouth, I'm petite in general). I'm Considering rhinoplasty after finding the right board/certified Doctor. Is it possible to drastically narrow the Tip, nostrils, and overall width of my nose. I really hate it and avoid facing forward in photos. It's time to do something about it. My cartilage is very thick, non smoker, healthy female. Regarding the tip, I would shorten it quite a bit if I could.

Dear bg1985, A consultation aided with digital imaging would show you a very realistic result that rhinoplasty surgery would provide taking into consideration your nasal anatomy and skin thickness. The over projection of the nose can be addressed as well as narrowing the nasal base and bridge and refining the tip. The surgeon can discuss in detail with you the techniques that will be used to attain the desired proposed result. Review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure natural looking rhinoplasty results. See the link below for examples of how rewarding this procedure can be. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Drastically reducing the nasal tip with thick skin

Rhinoplasty can drastically reduce the nasal tip by altering the volume and shape of the lower lateral cartilages.  Even in thick skin, an appreciable and aesthetic result can be achieved with limitations based on the thickness of the skin. I would consider seeing a facial plastic surgeon. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to narrow a wide nose

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish narrowing the wide nose with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. To narrow the bridge line requires osteotomies placed in the nasal bones. To narrow wide nasal tip cartilages require suture techniques and a conservative cartilage removal. Thick skin in the tip of the nose will prevent significant improvement in that area. The thickness of the skin is determined at the time of the examination and consultation. For more information and many examples of bulbous tip reduction, please see the link and the video below

Narrow nose

Hello.  A rhinoplasty can certainly drastically narrow your tip, nostrils and width of your nose.  Based on your photos, your tip looks bulbous and perhaps a bit over projected.  But only a visit with a board certified rhinoplasty surgeon can best determine your nasal dimensions in relationship to your face.  Bear in mind, while a rhinoplasty can drastically narrow your tip, nostrils and width, it's more important to determine if that is really what's best for you.  An overly aggressive rhinoplasty can result in an unnatural appearing nose that is extremely difficult to fix later.  Most experts recommend a rhinoplasty that will achieve a result that balances your face.  The best thing is to seek a board certified surgeon for detailed exam and discussion.  Good luck.

Kenneth Yu, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon