What procedures would you recommend to help me get my body bikini ready by summer? (Photos)

I had a baby three years ago and have stretch marks to prove it. I also have some loose skin below my naval. I was thinking I would need a mini tummy tuck but some people have told me that there may be other alternatives. I am 5'7 and weigh 135. I want to get rid of the loose skin and minimize the appearance of my stretch marks. Please let me know what procedures would benefit me and other alternatives to tummy tuck.

Procedures for Improvements

A variety of tummy tucks are available. Patients who only need a tightening of the abdominal muscles or removal of a small amount of skin may be best treated with a “mini-tuck.” Patients who have undergone massive weight loss, on the other hand, will probably require more extensive surgery.

An abdominoplasty is usually done under general anesthesia. An incision is made along the lower abdomen at about the pubic hair line, and another incision is made around the belly button which stays attached to the muscle.

Mini-abdominoplasty tightens the lower abdominal wall and skin below the umbilicus, belly button, only (shortest scar).

Modified abdominoplasty addresses conditions where just the muscle wall or just the abdominal skin requires repair.

Standard abdominoplasty tightens all of the abdominal wall skin and muscles above and below the belly button. The scar can be altered or lowered to be hidden by most panty lines and bathing suits. (Standard scar).

Extended abdominoplasty tightens the abdomen and the flanks or sides (longest scar extending around the flanks onto lower back.)

A general anesthetic is most common, although mini-tucks may be done with local anesthetic and intravenous sedation. A standard abdominoplasty is generally an outpatient procedure, but extended abdominoplasty may require a short hospitalization of 1–2 days.

Combined procedures can also be quite helpful. Additional procedures that may enhance the result are Liposuction, Breast Procedures, or Thigh Lift. Mommy makeovers usually include multiple operations.  Brazilian “butt enhancement” can be done at the same time to provide best body contours. Arm reduction or brachiaplasty is also common.

Thank you for your question and the photos.  There are very few people who can benefit from a mini-tuck.  Of course without an in-person examination it is difficult to say, but judging from the photos it seems you have what I classify as a type IV abdominal redundancy.  In addition you have a stretched and possibly herniated belly button.  For these reasons you would best benefit from a full abdominoplasty.  A mini-tuck will still leave you with redundancy above the belly button which will continue to bother you.  Hope that helps.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

What procedures would you recommend to help me get my body bikini ready by summer

Thank you for sending your question and photo.  An examination would be needed to fully answer your question. In viewing your photos, you would benefit from a full tummy tuck. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes.  

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Bikini body

Hello and thank you for posting photos along with your question. In my opinion, which is strictly based on your photos, I think your best result would be achieved by having a full tummy tuck. I know that you were saying you didnt necessarily want a tummy tuck but I think that would give you optimal results. When I perform abdominoplasty I always perfor liposuction at the same time to really bring out a better body shape and to enhance the silhouette of the body. The only way to really know what would benefit you the best would be by seeing you in person and performing an evaluation. If you are thinking about having more kids then you should wait to have a tummy tuck after youre done having kids. Hope this helps and good luck! Please make sure you are being evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Revision/Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/High Definition Procedures

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with Vaser Hi definition liposculpture to your hips and back.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tummy options

Thanks for your inquiry and pictures.  The first and most important question is do you plan to have more children?  If you do then you should not consider a full tummy tuck.  I do not think liposuction or other less invasive procedures will really help enough to be worth the cost.  Good Luck.  

Recommendation

Based on your photographs, it appears you will benefit from a traditional,or full, tummy tuck.  This procedure will give you the tightest, flattest abdomen, including the skin above your belly button.   Make sure that your surgeon evaluates you for a possible umbilical hernia. It is difficult to tell from photographs alone, however it appears that you might have one. Seek a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes to you!

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Bikini ready

You would definitely benefit from a full tummy tuck with addition of liposuction of the remaining abdominal skin and flank areas to give you the best result for your figure and reduce the number of stretch marks. 

Consult a board certified plastic surgeon

Leon Goldstein, MD
Madison Plastic Surgeon

What procedures would you recommend

Based on your photos it appears you would benefit most from a full TT. You have too much damaged skin above the belly button and a mini TT would be a waste of your money. There are no shortcuts unfortunately so it's better to do the right thing or nothing. A full TT will remove all the skin below the BB and give you maximum tightening of the remaining skin and an improved BB contour as well as tightening the muscles of the abdomen. Have it done by midspring and you'll be bikini ready by the start of summer. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD