Does a plastic surgeon give you the cost of the procedure during your consultation or after the procedure?

I want a bbl and I know prices range and I don't know how much I should save so should I go to a consultation first or save 20,000??? because Iv'e seen some that are that much...

Surgical Consultation for Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you very much for your question. Yes, a reputable plastic surgeon will determine the price of your Brazilian Butt Lift during your consultation appointment, well before performing the actual procedure. He/she will advise you on medical financing options, as well. I recommend that you schedule a consultation with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your BBL options.

The cost of the Brazilian buttlift and other procedures is largely dependent upon the demand for the surgeon.  You can usually get an estimate at the time of consultation or prior to the time of consultation.

I would try to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed thousands of these procedures and who has pictures and reviews you like.

The cost for cosmetic surgery

Most plastic surgeons will give you a price quote at the time of the consultation or send you one shortly after.

Some plastic surgeons will give price quotes on their websites or on the phone before even meeting.

Generally the price given is inclusive of all work and follow up appointments.

There are some plastic surgeons who will ask the patience to pay for the facility or anesthesia fees after the procedure based on the amount of time used.

This is usually always discussed before the procedure.

While the most talented plastic surgeons with proper credentialing did not offer bike in the basement prices you do not need to spend $20,000 to get an excellent cosmetic surgical procedure.

There are plenty of board-certified plastic surgeon's with excellent reputation and years of experience who will do a great job for half that price.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

BBL exam and cost

Hi,

Typically the doctor will see you and do an exam and take your history and discuss your goals. After that, the office coordinator will give you a price quote. The amount is often based on how much liposuction and grafting you want or need. The best way to discover prices is to get a few consultations and see who you feel most comfortable with. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

BBL

You can start scheduling consultations now if you would like so you can get an idea of how much you need to save. During a consultation, you will have a physical examination of your body performed and a review of your medical history to determine if you are a good candidate for a BBL and if you are, which areas of the body the fat should be harvested from. You may also have the doctor show you some of his before and after photographs of previous patients to get an idea of his/her work. At the end of the consultation, you will receive an estimate cost of your surgery and payment plan options if they offer any. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implantss

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Cost of a BBL

Cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.

2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?            3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery           4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures also be also performed during the same surgery?

Cost varies by geographic location, OR time, surgeon's expertise ...etc. I usually go over cost during the consultation but each surgeon's protocol is different.  I would recommend an in person consultation. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Surgery Costs

Thank you for your question. Cost can vary based on location, type of anesthesia, complexity of the case, surgery time and the physician's fee. We provide patients a quote at the time of their complimentary consultation based on their candidacy and an exam. I hope this helps. Best wishes. 

Leonard Lu, MD