What nose would best suit my face? (Photo)

Suitable Nose Shape for Face

Hi nshahbaz,

Deciding on what type of nose will best suit ones facial features should consider several factors along with the patient's desired result, and the limitations of the nasal structure. For your case, improving your nose shape may involve correcting the deviated bridge, the flaring alars, the appearance of short nose, and the saddle mid-bridge, and all these can be done in one surgery.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Finding the right nose for your face

Finding the right nose for your face is a question of proportion. One of the many reasons that an in person consultation is so important is that it allows the surgeon to assess your nose, how it sits in relationship to the rest of the face, and your skin thickness. Together, you can discuss your desired results and expectations and together, come up with a surgery plan that is right for you. Hope this helps. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Close rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photos. You have a slightly broad nose on front view. On side view you have a depression (saddling) of the mid portion and your tip is slightly droopy. A rhinoplasty to create a strong straight dorsum, refine/rotate the tip, narrow the nostrils will give you a natural nose that fits your face and ethnicity. Good luck.

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Nose

Thank you for the question and that would be determined at a. Implimentary consultation where, after an examination, they take your photo digitally and then alter it with your input to show you what can be accomplished.  So see some experts that use this technique

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

What nose would best suit my face?

The appearance of your nose can be improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty-septoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an examination and discussion about desired outcome. No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile.  

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue.

Robert Singer, MD FACS 

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from decreasing the width of your alar base.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate

The photographs demonstrate a dorsal hump, a saddle deformity in the midportion of the nose, collapsed upper lateral cartilage on the patient's left side and a wide bridgeline and wide nostrils. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, adding a cartilage graft to the saddle deformity on the bridge line, and a spreader graft to help straighten the midportion of the nose.  Osteotomies placed in the nasal bones can help straighten the nose in addition to narrowing the bridge line. And alar- plasty can accomplish narrowing the wide nostrils. Rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. For more information and many before and after examples, please see the link and the video below

Nasal recommendations

After looking at your photos, I would recommend a rhinoplasty to improve the crookedness of the nose and the slight saddle over the tip. A tip reduction can also be performed at the same time. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Consult a Plastic Surgeon with Lots of Rhinoplasty Experience

I would say your nose is a little tricky given the contradictory demand.  On one hand there is "too much" nose on the front view, but on the other hand there is "too little" nose on the side view.  This contradictory demand can be tricky.  I would suggest finding a nose surgeon whose practice is dedicated almost fully to noses who can help finesse your nose.

All the best. 

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD