Is this normal 10 days post op/breast aug? (Photos)

My left breast is firmer than my right and they seem to be disproportionate. Will this change over time? I am concerned that they don't match and that maybe the left being firmer could be because of a problem. My next follow up is Thursday. Should I wait until then to ask doctor or call tomorrow (Monday morning). I'm also concerned I am not massaging correctly even though my doctor showed me how and I took a video!!

Ten days post BA

The pictures you posted appear normal 10 days post breast augmentation. A follow up visit with your surgeon in a few days should be just fine.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

10 days post breast augmentation

Thank you for the photo's and question.  You look great, it is normal to have one breast more swollen, bruised or settling sooner than the other.  Just be patient and give it a few months for everything to heal.  

Chad Robbins, MD

Is this normal 10 days post op/breast aug?

You are still very early into your recovery and will continue to heal for the next several months. It is very common for breast to heal and drop at different rates. Keep your follow up appointments with your surgeon and follow all the post op instructions and you should be fine. Everything looks great this far

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and photos. It is too early to determine your final result as it takes 3-6 months for the swelling to subside and implants to settle. I usually recommend my patients to start massage at 3-4 weeks post op. It is best to discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Himansu Shah, MD

Normal appearance at 10d

Thanks for your question and the photos. You have a great result. The firmness is likely just muscle swelling and one side always is a little different than the other. This is all within normal limits, so rest easy. You look great. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

10 Days Post Op

Thank you for your question and photos. It is never a bad idea to call, share your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon and let them advise you. Some asymmetry while healing can be normal and will usually even out over the first few months. It will take between 2-6 months for both breasts to be soft and settled.

All the best

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Breast augmentation - should I call my PS?

Congratulations on your recent breast augmentation.  It is common to see some mild differences in your breast immediately following surgery.  The overall end result will take months.  Your provided photos show a good result thus far.  I personally don't have patients do implant massage until they are three weeks post-surgery.  Point being, I would think you will be fine waiting until your appointment on Thursday.  I do however encourage all my patients to call with any concerns.  

Dr. Mooty 

R. Clark Mooty, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

10 days post.

Your photos appear quite normal, but when in doubt always call your PS . There are huge changes that are still just beginning at day 10. Implants take about 6 months to settle and often require coaxing. Breast will never be identical, but you look like you are on your way to a nice result. Your PS will help you get there through recommendations such as massage.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Looks fine

I don't see anything to be overly concerned about and think you can wait til Thursday to ask your doctor in person.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Should I call early?

Congratulations on your recent breast augmentation surgery!  At this point only being 10 days post op your breasts will soften and change come time.  I tell my patients your implants won't feel like your own till about 2-3 months post surgery.  I would say waiting till Thursday to see your surgeon is okay, however if it will make you feel better to call that is okay as well. Best of luck! 

Brian K. Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon