Will the nipples rise or always stay pointing downward? (Photos)

Post op day 2, mastopexy with augmentation. I realize that it is extremely early in the process of healing and things will shift around but I feel as though the nipples are still too low and pointing downward, and even with time they won't rise enough to be pointing straight. The procedure was done so they would no longer be pointing down, so it's frustrating, can anyone shed some light on the situation?

Early breast result

Thanks for your inquiry and as you stated it is very early in your result.  As your implants fall, the nipple areolar complex centralizes on the mound.  Ask your surgeon this question when you see them next time and concentrate on following your surgeon's instructions to ensure good healing.  

Too early to worry

You will not see your final results for at least 3-6 months so you need to be patient. At this point, you should focus on following your surgeon's postoperative instructions and recovery. The implants will both settle into their final position in the pocket that was created for them over the course of 3-6 months. You should follow up with all of your appointments with your surgeon.Best wishes,Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Nipple position

It is too early to tell. The implants will descend a bit and the nipples may be exactly where you want them.  Best to be patient.

Will the nipples rise or always stay pointing downward?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation/lifting procedure.  You are correct in that it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed; you can expect significant changes to occur over the course of the next several months. In other words, it may take several months (six months or even longer) before the final outcome of the procedure is achieved.  For example, as the breast implants "settle" into their positions, the nipple/areola complexes seem higher on each breast mound ("perkier"). At this point in your recovery, I would suggest:  ongoing time/patience and continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon. I would not be surprised if you are much happier with the appearance of your breasts several months from now.  Best wishes.

Drop & Fluff

It is likely that your nipples appear low on the breast only in relation to the implant volume sitting temporarily high. As the breast implants drop and tissues relax/expand, you can expect the nipples to move to a more central position. Share your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon
All the best

Nipple Position 2 days post op

Thank you for your question.  Yes once your implants settle into their pocket which can take several weeks or months the nipples and areolas will be in the correct position.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Post operative nipple position

Your surgery was very recent and your breasts are going to change as the implants settle and the skin relaxes. The settling of the implant will allow the nipple position to rise and be more centered on the breast mound. This process can take several months. Be patient with your result and follow the post operative instructions of your surgeon. Best of luck! 

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD

Thank you for your question. It is toot early to talk about results. You are in the early phase of healing. Your breast will continue to change in the next several weeks. Please follow instructions from your PS.

Early post op, some advices :

Thanks for the question.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  As you are early into your recovery the swelling of your tissues are keeping your implants flat and high against your chest.  As your results mature and the volume within your implants redistributes towards the lower portion of each breast you should see your nipples rise to the most projecting portion of each breast.  Hang in there and allow more time to pass before assessing your final appearance.