Will a neck lift and liposuction define the jawline (enhance face shape, chin)?

I have lost a lot of weight and I notice that I have a heart shaped face but it's not as defined as I think it should be. Also, when I take pictures of my profile I can see a little skin. I'm only 24 years old and I really want my neck tight and my jawline to be sculpted. I have a heart shaped face and notice that when I make my skin taut that it's more defined and I like it. Any suggestions or opinons?

Surgery options

When looking into a procedure like this, you need to see what is causing what you don't like in the mirror. The things that can be address surgically are the skin, the fat and the muscle. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Facial Aesthetics for a consultation and more details. From these pictures it is hard to say what your best options are.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Lower Face and Neck Treatments

Thank you for your question. Without photographs I am unable to give you a treatment recommendation, but there are a variety or surgical and non surgical treatments available for skin tightening, fat reduction, and contouring to the submental and jawline areas. I would recommend an in person consultation.

Dr. Leonard Lu

Leonard Lu, MD

Will a neck lift and liposuction define the jawline

Dear birdstheword, Without photographs it is impossible to give you any expert opinion. If you have redundant fat left in these areas or if you just have loose skin will be the defining factors on some of your choices to provide you the sculpted look you desire. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Jawline Contouring -- Fillers, Sculptra, Fat, VASER Hi Def Lipo, Botox, Ultherapy/Thermage

I find that often VASER/Thermi and fillers can sculpt the jawline.  If you have a lot of laxity then implants and lifting may help. I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Neck Lift and Liposuction in 24 Year Old Post Weight Loss for Defined Jawline

Congratulations on your weight loss and hopefully a more healthy lifestyle but unfortunately it is impossible to make any suggestions without pictures. There are multiple possible remedies.

Skin Laxity After Weight Loss

Thank you for your question. First of all Congrats on you significant weight loss. That's never an easy task. The downside of tis accomplishment can be significant skin laxity which can be frustrating when you feel so good. Although 24 yo is young for surgical facial procedure this is one of the few groups of patients who really can benefit from a skin tightening procedure such as a neck lift with or without liposuction. Without photos its difficult to give you more detailed advice. I would highly recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can discuss in detail all options available to you
Best of Luck

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

Hello BirdIsTheWord,

Given your large amount of weight loss, it is very common to see loose and sagging skin, especially in the neck and jowls.  Without seeing photos it is difficult to make any specific comments, but generally this is a great indication for a neck lift.  Depending on how much fat remains, you may or may not need additional liposuction.  

I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon or a plastic surgeon who does a lot of facial work.  

I hope this helps and good luck.

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift candidate

A full set of photographs are required to make a determination about being a candidate for surgical neck lift procedure. In our practice, a neck lift involves removal of fatty deposits above and below the platysma muscle along with a platysma plasty which gives further jawline definition.   No skin removal is required. For many examples, please see the link and the video below

Thank you for your question.  Although lifts of the neck and face are commonly performed on older individuals, those who've experienced massive weight loss can also be candidates.  On occasion, this can be complemented with liposuction.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Jawline definition

we've had great success with ThermiRF in young patients like yourself.  It melts fat as well as tightens overlying skin.  Long lasting results as well (we are seeing 5+ year improvements).  It is designed to improve your exact area of concern, give the jawline more definition.  There are lots of other minimally invasive treatment modalities that are worth looking into (accusculpt, ultherapy, etc).  Make sure that on your consultation you explore all options, as often I find with younger patients that "less is more" for a natural look.  

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon