Natural large breast in exchange for implants. (photos)

About five years ago I had a breast reduction from an H Cup to a DD cup. I'm 5 3 and about a 150lbs. My breast are DDD again. My issue is the shape and the way they sit. I hate to go through another reduction & lift, so I was wondering if I could just get a breast implant to keep the "perky sit" and the size of my breast. I actually like the way a fake breast looks so I'm wondering if I should just take everything out and replace it with an implant, Or add an implant to my already large breast.

Breast shape

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi!  I think you can have the lower part of your breast tightened to limit how low they hang.  You can also add an implant... an implant will give you a more rounded shape (which it sounds like would be good for you), but it also adds volume.  So you could have some breast tissue removed at the same time to limit increasing your size.  It would be best for you to have an in-person consultation, so that your skin quality and breast tissue can be assessed a little better than can be done with a picture.  Best of luck!

Breast implants after reduction

I would need to examine you and understand your goals a bit better to give you advice. If you want upper pole fullness, you will generally need an implant. The implant will increase your overall size. If you feel the breasts are sitting too low, then you will need some form of breast lift which can vary depending on your anatomy and goals. An implant alone is not likely to lift you significantly. I suspect that if I saw you in person, I would end up recommending an implant and some form of lift. Best of luck.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

The Bellesoma Method

Thank you for your question and photos, 

You do not need implants! All you need is a breast lift that will use your own tissue to fill the top of your breasts. The Bellesoma Method was not only designed to achieve upper pole fullness without implants, but it has also eliminated the dreaded vertical scar component. Breasts are beautifully reshaped and elevated with minimum scarring. Long term results are this technique's hallmark. An internal support is fashioned using a woman's own tissue to keep the newly shaped breast high for years to come. Nipple sensitivity along with the ability to breast feed is also preserved. Remember, implants are not stable devices and as such require maintenance in the form of costly revisions. 

Best wishes and kind regards, 

Dr. Gary Horndeski

Natural large breast

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Should you desire a fuller, rounder, perkier breast with upper pole fullness, you may want to consider a breast implant and breast lift.  The implant will give more volume and upper pole fullness and a breast lift with provide a perkier shape.  Best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your particular concerns.  Good luck.

Options with shape change after breast reduction

Just based on the pictures you provided you may be a candidate for a lower pole tailoring mastopexy which could include a wedge of lower tissue if you wanted to be a little smaller. It looks like your nipples are still in a good position but volume has settled to the lower pole of the breasts and probably stretched out the skin in that area. An exam and measurements would be necessary to confirm this impression. A lower pole tailoring just sculpts away the skin (and tissue if desired) hanging below the breast fold. This can tighten the breast skin and restore upper volume  but not to the degree that it would if an implant was included. Your measurements will help determine which implants will fit your body and you can try them on during your consultation. This will help you decide if the larger size will give you a look that makes you happy while also helping you avoid that decision if it looks to big for your goals.

Implants are never as good as real breasts

You should get a breast lift and breast recontouring.  Implants are not good choice for you. You may even need more lifts in the future. But, nothing beats beauty of nature made breast tissue and you should keep yours.

Usually a combination of implants and a lift is the best option for breast volume and perkiness

Yes, you should consider breast implants to give you the upper pole fullness you want. But you should also consider a vertical mastopexy to tighten the lower poles and provide lift (and also reduce volume in the lower poles where you don't need it). I call this combination the "all seasons" vertical augmentation/mastopexy. You can have this done even after a previous reduction (which I frequently do). I included a link to my website in case you want to look at some examples.

Concern about breasts

You would be best served by a face to face consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. They can evaluate you and discuss options to improve your breasts. A breast implant should provide some upper pole fullness but you may also need some re lifting or your breasts.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your excellent question. Based on your photos, I think you are a great candidate for improving the shape and size of your breasts with a small implant. You may benefit from some small amount of tailoring of the breast shape at the same time, but it would not be anything near the procedure that you have already had. Of course, you will need an in-person consultation to evaluate you for this procedure. Preoperative visualization and surgical simulation with the Crisalix system may help with your decision. Any treatment plan should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.    Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation in person with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon. 

Good luck! Best,

Jon Ver Halen, MD FACS 

Harvard educated plastic surgeon

Breast reduction with implant to get upper fullness--no reason to add implants

I've actually seen a lot of women who had exactly what you're talking about. There's nothing that can replicate the appearance and texture of natural breast tissue. If you already have plenty, why trade it for an implant? When I see women who had a procedure like that, I end up taking the implants out and doing a breast lift without an implant. I think the only reason to put in an implant is to increase size. A properly done breast lift gives you the volume and cleavage you're looking for and leaves you with only natural breast tissue.

Malik Kutty, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon