What happens to the muscle and tissue after a capsulectomy?

I had to replace one implant due to CC 6 months after I got my implants. He said no tissue was removed but I'm worried about my muscle. I had both implants removed after 2 years and my last surgeon did not remove any capsule, she just scored it. Now after 4 months I feel like the muscle and tissue near my sternum/upper inner pole on the side where I had it replaced has a hole. Is this the muscle that I need to workout to rebuild? No tissue was removed. I'm worried! Not open to implants again.

Effects of capsulectomy

Thank you for asking about your capsulectomy.

• I am so sorry to hear you are having such a problem.
  • The only way to answer your question is with an examination of the problem.
  • It is possible that the scoring of the capsule thinned the tissue in that area.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS