Does this mole look like melanoma? (Photos)

It has grown from being mostly round to what you see in the picture. It has progressed slowly though, maybe a year, so I have just assumed it that the new shape was from accidentally cutting it while shaving.

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- Lasers, Radiowave, Shave -- See an Expert

I suggest seeing an expert, this can be biopsied and checked in the office without any problems.  Dr. Emer.

Does this mole look like melanoma?

Thank you for your question.  Based on appearance alone this mole does not resemble melanoma and looks instead to be more of a seborrheic keratosis or sebaceous nevus, both of which are benign.  If the mole has been changing in character it would be wise to have it removed and evaluated by a pathologist.  Hope this helps.

Changing moles should be evaluated by a dermatologist

Moles can be evaluated according to their ABCDE characteristics:  A - Asymmetry, B-Borders, C-Color, D-Diameter, E-Evolution.  A diagnosis cannot be made by a photograph alone, but if your mole has been irregular based on any of these characteristics,  it would be wise to see a dermatologist.  Your dermatologist can make a determination whether your mole is atypical enough to warrant a biopsy, or whether it is even a mole at all.