Was this a mistake? I have scoliosis? Have I made a horrible mistake? Will this get better? (Photo)

I'm 1 wk post op. My PS said after surgery she was very impressed with how it turned out considering my scoliosis. I've always had poor posture, but never diagnosed w/ scoliosis. I've always thought my rib cage was shorter on the right. pre op the left breast was smaller, right larger. Both about a B. My PS recommended 450cc in the left, 425 right. now the left is larger, the right smaller. The left feels very tight, bulging. The right feels more ok. Now my back is hurting too.

Post-Op Healing of Breast Implants

Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period.  There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences.   Sensation will be abnormal.  Scars will be changing. If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined. Give the fact that you are only about a week post-op you will have more time for healing and having your implants to settle into place. Now, if you have questions or concerns at all during healing it is a good idea to see your surgeon right away. You surgeon will be the best one to have advice for your specific procedure and case to help make sure that healing proceeds well. Best of luck!

Please send before pictures

l am sorry your results are less than you were expecting. There are few thing that you should be aware. First thing is that you are too early post augmentation to see the final results. The next thing is your before surgery breast shape and size. Please send your before surgery pictures for better evaluation. The main concern is the position of the implants and if they will move lower. If you have texture implants, it will be unlikely that they move lower. If you had mild sagging before surgery the possibility of much improvement will be low. Please continue to see your surgeon and let him/her to take care of you. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Was this a mistake?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph. You are still very early in your recovery and with the swelling of your breast skin, tissue, and muscle it is causing your implants to be flat and high on your chests.  Over the next 6-8 weeks this swelling will resolve and you should see a more natural appearance develop to your breasts.  I know waiting is difficult but hang in there and allow your results more time to mature.  

Looks within normal for this early after surgery

At this point in your recovery, it is much too soon to be worried about the outcome.  It takes time for the implants to settle into position and the skin and muscle to stretch out to accommodate the new implant.  It may be 6 months or more before the shape has reached its final look.  Be patient.