Getting micropen with growth factor. How do I assure I won't get an allergic reaction? Should I test prior?

Thank you for your question.  Have your microneedling done with PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) to avoid any allergic reaction.  PRP  is the serum part that is obtained after drawing a tube of your own blood  and spinning it down in a centrifuge.  The blood is yours so there is not an allergic reaction.  The growth factors in PRP are what improve the healing and results of microneedling.  Best wishes. 

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Microneedling, Fat Injections

I suggest seeing an expert to discuss your concerns.  I do this procedure with lasers multiple times per day and never get allergic reactions. I suggest you speak to your physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Microneedling with growth factor

Hello and thank you for your question. If you are concerned about having an allergic reaction to the growth factor that will be used with your microneedling treatment I would suggest you use the serum/cream on a small area of your forearm. This test should be done with any products that you think you may be allergic to. Here at Refined Dermatology we have seen great results from using growth factors after microneedling treatments. Hope this helps, Dr. S. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Microneedling With Platelet Rich Plasma

Hello and thank you for your question. I would highly recommend having your microneedling done with PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma). You can be assured with PRP that you will not have any type of reaction since it is your blood being drawn and used. PRP also speeds up healing. Hope this helps!