Best method to improve my Asian nose? (Photo)

I am an Asian woman and have hated my nose for years. I am finally seriously looking into making it more aesthetically pleasing, but confused with all the different methods. From what I've read and seen, my type of nose (the typical somewhat flared nostril type one sees in a large percentage of Asians) is difficult to change without it becoming like Michael Jackson's. I would also like to know if it is better to straighten my teeth beforehand. Thank you.

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Thank you for your question. In addition to the different types of general Rhinoplasty procedures, there are different options for Asian Rhinoplasty, including using your own tissue and implants. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to discuss all your options, including a potential to address your teeth before or after the procedure. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian rhinoplasty options

There are many choices with Asian rhinoplasty and not all ethnicities desire the same outcomes.  So this is a very customized question with an even more customized answer.  My bias is on autogenous tissue (tissue from the patient's own body) but many people still use implants.  Talk to your surgeon about options.

Jay Calvert, MD, FACS

Asian Rhinoplasty

Based on your photos, it does appear that refining the tip of your nose and creating more height and projection to the bridge and tip of your nose will make a nice change to your overall appearance.Asian rhinoplasty is an exceptionally challenging and demanding operation both technically and aesthetically. To achieve the best results in the safest, most predictable manner requires experience, technical excellence and artistry.  There are a variety of techniques and philosophies when it comes to reshaping the nose during Asian rhinoplasty. One of the most important technical differences between surgeons is the use of artificial implants versus using your own tissue. I feel very strongly that the best way to achieve safe, permanent results is with tissue from your own body.
Achieving the most attractive result will be possible by finding an experienced Asian rhinoplasty specialist who also shares your aesthetic goals.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Asian rhinoplasty

It's very important to have clear expectations upon what  you are trying to accomplish with  a rhinoplasty procedure. Computer imaging performed in the office setting would be helpful for you to understand what can and cannot be accomplished.