Medical Thigh Lift Incision Seepage?

I'm almost a month out of surgery I had a TT and. Medical thigh lift on November 13. My vertical incision on My right leg had seepage this morning. It was clear/red ,like what came out of my JP drains. It's not red or hot. Should I been worried? I'm concerned bc I thought I was close to bring healed fully since I'm almost a month out. Thanks. I called my Dr, but he currently is in surgery.

Drainage from Thigh Lift Incision

Residual fluid collections after thigh lift are probably more common that have been appreciated.  You know the signs of infection, and I think you do not have a reason to worry.

Serous Drainage Following Thigh Lift Surgery

Thigh lift surgery usually always requires extensive soft tissue dissection. Whenever this situation arises, your body's normal response is to generate serous drainage. For this reason, the vast majority of plastic surgeons utilize drains at the time of thigh lift surgery. When drains aren't used, fluid tends to accumulate forming a seroma or drains through the skin incision.

When drainage occurs through the incision, it's important to perform frequent dressing changes and monitor for the development of infection. It's also important to continue the use of compressive support garments.

In some cases, the presence of prolonged drainage may indicate the presence of a seroma. It may be appropriate to obtain ultrasound and CT studies to confirm this diagnosis. When seromas are present, they should be serially aspirated. In some cases, CT guided drain placement may be necessary, as well. Failure to provide adequate drainage can result in secondary complications such as wound breakdown and infection.

For this reason, it's important to maintain close contact with your plastic surgeon. With appropriate care, your surgeon should be able to manage your incisional drainage.

Medical Thigh Lift Incision Seepage?

Drainage from an inner or medial thigh lift incision is uncommon one month after your surgery. It does not sound like an infection. It could be that you are rejecting a suture. It is difficult to say exactly what it is without a picture or physical examination.  I would suggest you follow up with your surgeon as soon as possible.

Medial thigh lift seepage

Seepage from the incison of a medial thigh lift is not uncommon, but concerning if now a month out from surgery. Best to be seen by your doctor to make sure everything is OK.

Drainage following inner thigh lift surgery

It is not unusual to have a serous or clear yellowish drainage from the inner thigh lift incisions.  This is primarily dependent drainage and will clear over time.  If you experience a high fever, > 102F, chills, redness or other signs of infection you should contact your plastic surgeon's office immediately.   The inner thighs are always a problem area since this zone stays very moist all of the time.