My left upper lip is bigger than my right upper lip, can it be fixed? (photos)

My left upper lip is bigger than my right upper lip, they look normal in the mirror but in pictures you can tell one is bigger than the other, is there any treatment or something to fix it?

Answers (10)

Fillers for Lips

Thank you for your question. Using a small amount of a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm Ultra would be a great option for you. Results typically last about 10 months to a year. Best luck!

Daniel Careaga, MD

Miami Plastic Surgeon
95 reviews

Lip asymmetry

Hello, and thanks for your question.Lip asymmetry can definitely be improved with hyaluronic acid fillers. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    
Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Fixing Lips with Fillers

You can absolutely have the size or shape of your lip corrected with a small amount of filler.  Since this is an advanced cosmetic technique please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

You might also like...

Juvederm Lips

You can absolutely use a small amount of filler like Juvederm to fill and balance the asymmetries in your lips.

Conservative Lip Augmentation For Symmetry

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Based on your photographs, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a conservative lip augmentation with a small amount of Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Best wishes! 

My left upper lip is bigger than my right upper lip, can it be fixed?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Correction of subtle volume differences between lips or within the same lip can be effectively performed with a dermal filler.  I tend to recommend the hyaluronic acid based family and because of the volume needed to match your left upper lip I would recommend Juvederm Ultra Plus.  Hope that this helps.

Lip Augmentation with Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane

Fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane can be used to augment the lip and create additional shape while treating asymmetry. I suggest you see an expert for treatment and someone who truly understands contouring. Best, Dr. Emer
Jason Emer, MD
Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
230 reviews

My left upper lip is bigger than my right upper lip, can it be fixed?

Hello, and thank you for the question. It is possible to make the lips more symmetric with filler. In general, I like to use Juvederm for the lips. It is very soft, and yields a great looking and natural result. From here, I would recommend a consult with a board certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or facial plastic surgeon; each is a fantastic choice. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 
Paul S. Nassif, MD
Paul S. Nassif, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
52 reviews

Asymmetric lips fix

It is possible to make them more symmetric with filler. To get them exactly the same is often not possible. I think that using needles with the filler will give more accurate placement and better outcomes in this situation.
Steven F. Weiner, MD
Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
98 reviews

My left upper lip is bigger than my right upper lip, can it be fixed?

Hello Katherine1511,
The easiest way to fix the asymmetry of your lips is with a hyaluronic acid based filler like Juvederm.  I'd recommend you consult with one of the core aesthetic physician injectors such as a facial plastic surgeon, dermatologist, or plastic surgeon.
I hope this helps and good luck.  

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.

Ask a Provider

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors.