Is it possible to have Kybella and Chin Liposuction?

Kybella

You would need to choose one or the other as both procedures treat the same issue. Kybella is a non-surgical treatment for removing excess fat under the chin with little to no down time. Without photos, it is impossible to say which procedure would be right for you but I tend to advise my patients to start with the least invasive procedure possible which would be Kybella. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella and chin liposuction

Kybella is a nonsurgical alternative to chin liposuction for the appropriate patient. I would suggest one or the other but not both at the same time. 

One over the other is better

Thanks for your question. It’s best to speak to a board certified dermatologist regarding which treatment is best for you as doing both is not recommended. Kybella is non-invasive while liposuction is invasive and has downtime. Kybella may take longer to show results and may also require more than one treatment, depending on your desired results. SmartLipo tends to have quicker results, one treatment, but a longer recovery period. Please speak to a professional about which treatment you are a better candidate for. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Is it possible to have Kybella and Chin Liposuction

Thank you for your question. Good candidates for kybella are also good candidates for liposuction.  Patients with good skin tone and mild to moderate fullness will have good results.  I would not recommend both treatments, rather choose one or the other.  Consult with  board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the best option for you. 

Kybella vs Chin Liposuction

Kybella is a non-surgical alternative to chin liposuction (submental liposuction) for some patients. You will need one or the other, but not both. In some cases, Kybella can be used as a touch up treatment for patients in the years following chin liposuction. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with both procedures to find out which option is best for you. 

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Kybella

Kybella is an excellent alternative to chin liposuction. It would not be recommended to do both at the same time.

Kybella could touch up residual fat after liposuction, or Kybella could be performed before liposuction and allowing it to heal.

Thank you for sharing your question.  If you are asking whether liposuction can be performed after Kybella treatments if they do not leave you with the outcome you desire then yes it is possible to have it done.  That said your ASPS board certified plastic surgeon should recommend the best treatment option to you ahead of time so that you have the relevant information to make the best decision. 

Kybella or Chin liposuction?

Kybella is an injection for localized fat deposition under the chin area known as submental fat. If your chin fat distribution is in more than the submental area, consider liposuction. 

Best of Luck, 

Dr. Shanthala

Kybella verus Liposuction

The beauty of Kybella is that you do not have to have a surgical procedure.  I would highly recommend Kybella as a permanent way to remove submental fat with only a few days of down time.  Best, Dr. Green

Hello BirdIsTheWord,

It is possible to have Kybella and chin liposuction, but why would you.  The whole purpose of using any treatment other than liposuction is to avoid surgery.  The benefit of surgery and liposuction is that is the gold standard for treating this area, but some people prefer to not have the downtime or undergo a surgical procedure.  That is where treatments like Kybella come in which helps to dissolve the fat over a series of injections.  I would recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon to go over your goals and learn about the different treatment options for your neck.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon