Implants with or without lift?

25 and 2 kids later, my boobs have no youth to them. I know I am going to get implants but wanted to see if i would have to get a lift to achieve the best look. I do want them higher for a more fuller bust.

Implants with or without a lift?

Breast implants do no lifting but they might contribute to the illusion of lift. The breasts will not only be fuller up top, but they also have more fullness at the bottom. This is the reason for the illusion of the nipple/areolas  appearing higher and more perky. An-in person evaluation with a plastic surgeon would assist you in determining if a lift is actually required. Hope this information is helpful and good luck. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Lift or No Lift with Breast Augmentation #breastaugmentation #breastimplants #breastlift

• Without photos of your breasts, I can't say whether or not you would benefit from a breast lift. 
  • However, it is common after having a couple children for a woman's breasts to become less perky and develop some sagging (ptosis is the medical term). 
  • If the nipple drops low, this is termed nipple ptosis.  However, there is also something called glandular ptosis which refers to a breast that has an abundance of breast tissue that has fallen into the lower pole of the breast, even with the nipple in the correct position. 
  • Either of these two issues may be corrected by a breast lift (mastopexy).
  • Additionally, a breast lift may be performed at the same time as a breast augmentation. 
  • Definitely meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to find out more!

Implants with or without lift?

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult  to answer your question without at least a photograph of your breasts.  However the link below provides diagrams to help explain why you might need a breast lift:

Implants +/- lift

Implants will restore upper fullness and mild sagging. A lift may be needed as well if the sagging is significant.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Breast implants with or without lift?

Without photos one cannot give you any useful advice.  I'd suggest that you watch the video link above for discussion of the reasons to consider, or not consider an uplift with your breast implants.  Please enjoy and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Lift or not

Thank you for your question. Without pictures can not comment. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Breast lift vs implants

You should post a photo to get a better answer but as a rule, if the nipple is hanging below the breast fold you are more likely to need a lift. That's called ptosis. Just having breast tissue hanging is not the same, it's about the nipple position. You could place a pencil under the breast fold. If the nipple is below that line you have ptosis and would be less likely to get a great result with implants alone. An examination by a plastic surgeon will answer the question with more certainty.

Gregory J. Stagnone, MD

Photos for better advices

Thanks for the question 

I recommend you to send your photos to us to give you the advice you need and want.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Your question can not be answered without evaluation

There are many factors that go into deciding the best option for each patient.  All implants do not require lift.  Sometimes different shades of lift and not a full lift is required. Thus you should not decide your best option without a personal input from a plastic surgeon.  See one.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast Lift with or without implants

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to give recommendations without photos. Generally speaking, breast implants only provide a very small amount of lift. A breast lift with implants can reshape, lift and add volume to your breasts, especially after breastfeeding and pregnancy. Make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. Breast of luck. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS