Is 1 implant to high or is the other too low? Should I give them more time, massage, strap, or will I require a revision?(photo)

10 weeks post dual plane augmentation with Mentor silicone 535 cc's UHP, crease incision. Both very soft and feel natural. I think my right breast is still high, and should have settled by now. It looks flat and and isn't round and projected like my left. I think my left looks ok, but is to too low? Been doing east/west massage only. My surgeon isn't concerned with it at this time. Should I be massaging down or strapping to help it? Do I need to give it more time, or is a revision in my future?

Is 1 implant to high or is the other too low? Should I give them more time, massage, strap, or will I require a revision?

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in recovery and I anticipate that both implants will drop significantly more over the next 3-6 months. Asked your surgeon about vertical breast implant displacement exercises and possibly a bando.

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants / Silicone Implants / Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Settling implants

Hi. This issue can happen. It looks like the right implant is ok and over time will settle. Gravity always wins!  As it does, it will match the left. This can happen if the pocket in the right is a little over dissected in the cephalad or north direction when compared to the left, but it doesn't mean it won't come down to match. The left appears to be fine although all of this is based on pictures. Give it a little more time and trust your surgeon. 

Its still a bit early to know if any revision work will be necessary as the implant is likely to continue dropping into position. If you have been seen by your surgeon and they aren't worried, you shouldn't be - they will have given you much better advice than any of us would be able to based on pictures alone! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Thank you for your question. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, advice, predictions, and/or meaningful reassurance.
Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery and massaging the implants downward may assist in the dropping of the implants after surgery (for those patients who want to help with the settling of the implants). The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, size of breast implant utilized, and concerns such as pre-existing breast asymmetry.
Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.
Sometimes, one or both breasts implants do not settle as planned and revisionary breast surgery becomes necessary to improve the outcome. On other occasions, if the long-term breast asymmetry is mild ( understanding that absolute symmetry is very rarely achieved), patients will need to decide whether proceeding with revisionary breast surgery is worth the potential downsides associated with additional surgery.
Again, best to follow your plastic surgeon for more specifics. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.