I am 3 weeks post gyno surgery. Is this scar tissue forming on my left side? (Photo)

Hello, I had gynecomastia surgery 3 weeks ago and have read a ton of information about scar tissue and it looks as if I am getting it on my left side? I bought Arnicare gel and have been applying it 2-3 times a day as needed. Also, I started doing cardio and light weights this week (No chest) and noticed after a 30-40 cardio session (stationary bike and stair master) that my swelling had increased.. Is this ok?

What to Expect after Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.