I had my surgery 1 month ago, I feel like I need to be stitched back up. Any advice? (Photo)

I'm taking antibiotics but I feel like the skin shouldn't be open. My ps said to apply a wet dressing with sterile saline water all day and clean with alcohol. Anything else I should be doing?

Incision healing issue

Incisions typically heal well with conservative wound care. It is best to be examined in person and have your Plastic Surgeon advise you as they know your situation best. I recommend that you continue to follow their instructions and keep an eye on it.

All the best

Needs some time

Generally a wound such as this will heal safest from the bottom up.
Stitching it up can lock in infection.

Look of scar

To me your photograph looks as though you may have had a spitting suture on that side which creates a little opening and can make this car little more red. With time, this will resolve. I would recommend that you follow your plastic surgeons recommendations for scar resolution. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

I had my surgery 1 month ago, I feel like I need to be stitched back up. Any advice?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs. I can see your area of concern and it would be best to allow your body time to heal this from the inside-out.  Attempts at closure will increase the risk of an infection developing.  Follow your PS instructions and maintain close follow up to ensure you go on to heal quickly.

Incision after BA

Thanks for your question. I don't get the sense that your incision has opened up at all, and it seems to be on par with a 1 month scar (it may be a bit more red and irritated than some). As long as it is not open and draining, I would not recommend any revision of the scar at this early stage. If you do have an opening, you need to get in to see your surgeon this week so that a new plan can be developed. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

I feel like I need to be stitched back up. Any advice?

No you need to let this heal.  There is nothing to do other than support the wound and letting the wound heal. Once the wound heals, few months down the road your plastic surgeon can do a scar revision if needed.  Be patient. If you are impatient and try to do something too soon to the wound, you will be potentially worse off.  Stay in close touch with your plastic surgeon as the wound heals.   Hope this helps.
Dr Vasisht
South Shore Plastic Surgery

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Post op wound care

I don't see much of an opening in your skin. There does not seem to be any redness that would suggest swelling. I usually advise following your surgeons suggestions and not trying to second guess he/she. If you are concerned with the advice you get then bring it tio their attention. If you were my patient I would have you wash with soap and water, cover with a band aid or paper tape and leave it alone and allow it to close. The constant pulling for examination will not allow it to heal and the moist environment beneath the breast in the fold doesn't help the skin stick to gether. Now having said all that, talk to your doctor!

Best of Luck

Dr. J