I need a quick/ inexpensive fix for my top canine. Any suggestions? (photos)

When I was 19, I lost my last baby tooth. The adult tooth grew behind it, and never pushed it out. I had to wiggle that sucker for months to get it out. Now, I have mostly straight teeth except this one canine and slightly crooked lateral incisor. I don't want to wear braces or Invisalign for years, or spend tons of money to fix one tooth. Are there any other options for me?

Single tooth movement

Hi, jxander!Thanks for your pictures and question. Congratulations on deciding to get your canine in line! I completely agree that apart from that single canine the rest of your teeth look pretty straight.Here is what will make the case very difficult: when you bite down it looks like your canine is completely blocked behind the lower teeth. To straighten the canine it not only has to be moved to the front, but also up and over the lower row of teeth. Considering the top canine is the longest tooth in the mouth this makes it a complicated movement.Please consult with an orthodontic specialist about your options for correcting this tooth. I'm sure you'll be happy with the options, the speed of treatment and the cost.

Irving Orthodontist

Canine tooth

braces are your best treatment option. Moving a canine can be done as well as moving your other teeth to open up space to allow this to happen. There is no quick inexpensive fix. You could try bonding the tooth to make it look like it is more visible but that would be hard to clean, it would look too short and not very healthy for your gums.