I am a pharmaceutical sales rep and I got my boobs done last Friday. I returned back to work Tuesday...

Continuing to the rest of my story I returned back to work on Riesday and the pharmacist said I could drive on Valium. I was at lunch with a doctor and she heard what happened and quickly took my keys. My question is with me returning back to work so early and carrying a purse with samples around all day can that make my boobs unproportional or mess with the incisions? Thanks for the help in advance!

Return to work

You are returning a little earlier than most, but the bottom line is:  Take it easy!  You may want to consider some shorter days that first week as you will likely fatigue quickly.  Also, if something hurts, stop doing it.  Your body will generally let you know if you're doing too much too soon.  Every plastic surgeon has their own take on activity levels after surgery, so your surgeon's office should be able to give you guidelines.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Returning Back To Work

Hello and thank you for your question!  Keep in mind that everyone heals differently.  Most patients are able to return back to work in a week with a desk-job.  If your work entails much walking, lifting/pushing/pulling weight bearing activities, increasing heart rate, being out in the sun, walking up the stairs, etc. these things may affect your recovery.  I would advise you to be seen by your plastic surgeon for an in-person evaluation and be examined.  I hope this helps and best of luck to you!

Jon Paul Trevisani, MD, FACS
Maitland Plastic Surgeon