I have noticed on my left side rib/breast it's a little purple and tender. Should I be concerned?

I see my BA Dr. tomorrow for my one week follow up after my surgery, so he will let me know but I'm kind of freaking out here. It's been 8 days after my surgery was done.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. You're still early on healing process love, your breasts can be still swollen and have bruises, it is completely normal. Let your surgeon know about everything you're feeling and seeing in your breasts.

BA Cohesive Gel Implant

Eight days postop is still very early in your recovery, and so some discomfort is expected. However, if you have suddenly had a change in the appearance or feeling of the breast, you should see your surgeon ASAP.

Good luck!

Bruising on breast

Without an exam it is hard to advise and I am glad you are seeing your surgeon to be evaluated. I hope you doing well and have a speedy recovery.  

Congratulations on your recent surgery.  Some degree of bruising and swelling  Is to be expected at this stage in your recovery.  

If you do notice significantly more bruising/swelling in one breast compared to the other you should see your plastic surgeon ASAP.  Otherwise  you should see improvement in the bruising/ swelling over the course of the next few weeks. 

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

One week s/p BA

It sounds like some bruising after the surgery. Best advice is to be examined by your surgeon. They should be able to evaluate the extent of the bruising and guide you accordingly.

Purple after BA

"A little tender/puple" does not sound concerning but the only way to reassure you is in person. You could always ask to be seen today rather than waiting.  Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after BA

It is always good to be cautious in the first couple of weeks after surgery. Your issue does not seem that severe, but you should discuss with your PS and his/her staff today. Bleeding after BA (hematoma) can occur up to 1% of patients. 

Bruised and tender?

Bruising and tenderness after breast augmentation can be normal - it depends on the level of bruising and pain. Lots of bruising could be a sign of hematoma, but not always. You will need to be carefully examined by your plastic surgeon for an appropriate diagnosis. Since you're very concerned, I suggest you call your surgeon today and discuss your concerns. Best, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD