I want my nose smaller? (Photos)

Hi I really want my nose to be small and thin I hate my big nostrils can I get surgery to fix this ? I don't have a bump its just too wide on the bottom of it .

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would suggest submitting a frontal photograph of your nose for more accurate opinions. I would also recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so that they can perform a nasal examination and give you the best recommendations. The key is not to reduce the size of the nose to make it “smaller”, you want to reduce and refine your nose so it is proportional to the rest of your face. Based on your photographs, you may benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing along with shaving down excess cartilage or bone from the bridge. The combination of the two should help reduce the projection of your nose. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Closed Scarless Finesse Rhinoplasty in Beverly Hills

Scarless nose surgery from an expert who does only nose surgery 100% of his career would be my best advice!  Narrowing the nostrils can be done with multiple methods. The best one is best on your need and how wide they are.  Refining the nose is an art - not just a science or a task.  Trust an artist whose vision aligns with your own. 

All the best!

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD

Rhinoplasty

A rhinoplasty can be done to decrease or increase the size of your nose.It is really tough to tell, based on the photos you provided, what is a realistic goal for your nose. To answer whether your nostrils can be made smaller, it is important to remember that there is a functional component (breathing) of your nose that should be maintained. 

Sandy Sule, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty a wide nose

A  Closed rhinoplasty procedure can make the nose smaller and more narrow with all incisions placed on the inside of the nose. The nose could be made more narrow, the tip refined, and the dorsal hump shaved down.  For more information and many  before and after results, please see the link and video below

Rhinoplasty for wide nose

Without a full examination and even more complete photographs it really is difficult to say what I would recommend for you.  That said, you likely would do well with a rhinoplasty with the possible need for base reductions.  I would recommend you consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon that performs his/her own computer imaging to show you possible outcomes that are realistic.  Best of luck!

Colin Pero, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty question

Thank you for your question, rhinoplasty is most commonly performed to decrease the size of the nose. This can be either on the profile, or at the tip of the nose. It sounds like you desire some tip modifications including making the base of the nose more narrow as well as the tip. And in person consultation would be necessary, and you can discuss these goals including making your nostril smaller. Please consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can discuss these procedures including recovery. There are several approaches that can be used for rhinoplasty, Good luck!

Kailash Narasimhan, MD
Sherman Plastic Surgeon

Closed rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

I Want a Smaller Nose

Although I cannot see the increased width of your nose in these pictures a rhinoplasty is frequently done to narrow the nose and in some cases just the tip can be refined without changing the bridge.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear esmee121, The photographs above are difficult to give you any expert opinion on however if you are unhappy with your nose and you want it refined then rhinoplasty surgery can achieve this for you. I would however suggest that you seek consultation with some experts in the field of rhinoplasty. During your consultation you can have imaging performed which will show you the possibilities of surgery and show you your proposed result taking into consideration your desires and your nasal anatomy. You will also have a chance to review your surgeons before and after photographs to ensure that he/she provides natural looking results that will balance your profile and overall facial aesthetics. Once these steps have been performed the surgeon will discuss in detail the exact techniques that will be used to attain your agreed upon desired result. See some examples in my rhinoplasty link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD