I had a MM and the surgeon supplied me with a CG afterwards, I purchased a dale binder is it safe to wear both? (photos)

I woke up after surgery with my CG in place, I purchased a Dale binder and although it's slightly uncomfortable on my swollen abs, it feels really good for lower back support, is it safe to wear both the binder and compression garment at the same time 24/7? What is your expert recommendation for both?

Compression wear, binders

Thanks for your inquiry, each surgeon has different ideas about compression.  Some of these different feelings are based on how we were trained and how we perform our operation. Ask your surgeon please, please, please and not just us doctors on RealSelf because he/she may feel that a binder may be too tight and constrict the blood supply which would affect healing.  Good Luck with your recovery.  

Wearing a compression garment with a binder

Many of my patients seem to like the extra support and security of having an abdominal binder on top of their compression garment, so it can be safe and very effective to use one and/or the other judiciously.
However, so that you don't risk negatively affecting your results or healing, check with your surgeon about adding on the binder on top of your CG before you continue to wear both.
Hope this helps, and take care, Dr. Lim

Angeline Lim, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Garment and Binder?

Most of my patients wear a #binder and #compressiongarment for the first week or so after surgery and then wear only the #garment for another five weeks post-op.  
That being said, please ask your #boardcertified plastic surgeon what they recommend as each surgeon has different ideas about healing.