What would be the characteristics of mildly tuberous breast?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 6
Characteristics of tuberous breasts?
Treatment of tumorous breasts
The biggest mistakes doctors make is putting in too large or wide an implant, or forgetting to address the areolar size with a lift.
It's very important that doctors analyze breast asymmetry and unique problems of the breast such as tight lower pole to achieve the best results.
Tuberous Breast Augmentation
You might also like...
Tuberous breasts are a variant of normal but often embarrassing because of its appearance.
- The breast is tight at the bottom and the breast tends to droop, the areola around the nipple tends to be large.
- Often the nipple bulges forward from the breast. Tuberous shape may occur on one breast or both, and ranges from mild or severe.
- Correction of tuberous breasts includes release of the internal breast tightness, correction of the areola if needed, and a lift or implant, as needed – or both.
- Exactly what is needed requires a full face-to-face evaluation.
- Most women are very pleased with the result – there is no way to correct this without surgery.
Depending on your exact findings...you may need nothing done...or you may need a mastopexy with additional breast work. If you truly have mild tuberous breast...then you may not need anything but an augmentation. I recommend visiting a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.