I have gummy bear silicone 450cc implants, what happens if I don't massage them like I am supposed to?

One of my friends didn't because she didn't want to but she said she everyone is supposed to. This was her second breast augmentation though, don't know if that makes a difference.

The goal of breast implant displacement exercises is to keep the implant capsule thin and the implant pocket big so that the implants will remain soft.  In my practice I encourage patient is to continue massages daily  for life.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon