I had my first full Tummy tuck in 2004 and I was wondering if it's safe to do anther one ?

Hello I had my first tummy tuck in2004 and I had great result ( flat stomach ) was doing good.. .and my question is,..is it safe if I go for another tummy tuck ??. I went to a Dr and he told me he recommended me do another tummy tuck ( just to do my corset agian, not nessarly pull my skin . I want the flat stomach I had with my first tummy tuck......And than I went with 1 more dr to get another opinion and .he told me he could do the 4d (make me a six pack) which one 4 best results??

You do not need tummy tuck

You need to lose weight and do abdominal exercises. You do not need tummy tuck.  Corset procedure is not likely to hold.  Six pack contouring is done with liposuction and it only shows results in patients who have great muscle tone.

If it's indicated, another tummy tuck can be performed.  However, based on your photos, it doesn't appear that you have excess skin and would not be a good candidate for the procedure.  Liposuction may be an option though.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

It does not look like you have excess skin to be removed, you might just get away with liposuction,consult with a board certified PS for further assessment in person.

Kenneth Hughes,MD
Beverly Hills,CA.

I had my first full Tummy tuck in 2004 and I was wondering if it's safe to do anther one ? (photos)

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  In general it is safe to have a second tummy tuck procedure to remove excess skin and to retighten the muscle in cases of another pregnancy after your first.  That said, as you do not have skin excess, an in-person examination is required to determine whether you in fact have recurrent muscle laxity that would benefit from tightening or if your current appearance is due to adipose tissue deep to your muscle which would only respond to diet and exercise. Hope this helps.