I am about 2 days post op. Can I start massaging? If so how often? And how?

I used to be a 36B and Dr.vennemeyer gave me 600cc silicone under the muscle.

Post Op Massaging

Hello and thank you for your question!  Based on each patient, your surgeon can suggest the breast massaging procedure that may best achieve your goals safely and effectively.  The best way however to answer this question is to be evaluated in person by a board certified plastic surgeon. Again, I would urge you to speak with your surgeon and see what he/she has to offer. Best of luck!

Maitland Plastic Surgeon

Early breast recovery

Thanks for your inquiry and please call your surgeon to discuss.  He or his staff is best equipped to answer your question as they know your particulars.  Good Luck and speedy recovery!

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Massage of breasts after breast surgery is not a universally accepted or agreed-upon practice. Each plastic surgeon may have his/her opinion that is based on their specific/unique education, experience, and personal preferences.  

Therefore, once a patient has selected her plastic surgeon, best to follow his/her advise/instructions, as opposed to those of online consultants. Your plastic surgeon knows exactly what procedure was performed, how he/she obtains the best outcomes possible, how you are progressing, and is ultimately responsible for your care. Best wishes.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Massaging after breast augmentation

It would be best to follow the advice of your PS following breast augmentation in regards to when to start massaging. I typically instruct patients to wait 1 week after their procedure before they begin massaging. Thank you for your question! 

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD