Is it possible to get a higher crease if I have already done Asian blepharoplasty?

I got double eyelid surgery a few weeks ago and I didn't know until recently that my crease is in the low range. I am afraid in a couple of years the crease will get a lot lower and be hidden due to other people who have gotten the low crease. If I wanted to get a higher crease, would it still be possible?

Eyelid Surgery

Hello and thank you for your questions. It is possible to revise your creases in the future, but it is still too soon to tell since it has only been a few weeks postoperative. I suggest following up with your surgeon if you are still concerned. I wish you the best of luck!

Early healing after Asian eyelid surgery. Crease too low?

Just wait.  It may get lower with healing but it may not.  A few weeks of healing is very little time so just wait but yes it is often possible to revise Asian blepharoplasty in many cases.  Occasionally a high crease is not only unnatural looking but not safe so be patient.

Chase Lay, MD
Asian eyelid surgery specialist

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Raise an eyelid crease

Even though you've already had crease surgery, the crease can be revised in the future and it can be raised.  It is often easier to raise a low crease than it is to lower a high crease.  You are very soon after your original surgery, so it is best to wait for now.  Typically, if you are Asian, your eyelid crease should be relatively low.

Brett S. Kotlus, MD, MS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asian Blepharoplasty

Although your crease was created during your double eyelid surgery, the limits of where the crease can be placed depends largely on your eyelid internal anatomy. If you have any concerns you should follow up with your surgeon however I would suggest waiting a while longer to see if you are happy with the results since you are only a few weeks post op, it is still quite early to judge final results. James Lee.

James Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon