Lower body lift recovery
Congrats on your weight loss. A lower body lift is the most extensive surgery there is to contour your body following weight loss. Three weeks is pushing it in terms of recovery. This is best discussed with an ASPS board-certified plastic surgeon.
Massive weight loss - is body contouring recovery fast/
Thank you for asking about your body contouring.
- Congratulations on your massive weight loss.
- Your weight needs to be stable x 6 months before any surgery.
- Recovery from each stage of body lifting is usually 4 - 6 weeks.
- Now is the time to have a consultation, plan the surgery with your plastic surgeon and see what if anything can be done before college starts.
- Whatever the plan is, you will need several stages of surgery, usually at least 6 months apart.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Is there a way to heal from body contouring in a max of 3 weeks?
Thank you for your excellent question and congratulations on your impressive weight loss. The first step is to ensure that you are an appropriate surgical candidate - your health and medical conditions are optimized, you have been weight stable for several months, and your body contouring surgeon clears you for surgery. As body contouring is typically performed in stages you may be able to have some of your loose skin removed and be comfortable enough for school, but best to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss your desires and to start working towards them! Best wishes.
You will need more time
You will need very extensive multi stage procedures. Three weeks of healing time will will not be enough for adequate recovery. You should also lose more weight prior to any procedure.