Not happy with my breasts. 2 months post op. 457cc silicone under the muscle. Any recommendations?

At my consult I was told I need nothing more than a crescent lift.At my recheck I explained I was not happy with the different size breasts and the sagging. Initial surgery $7250.I was told that they look great there is nothing he can do surgically to correct them at this time.He would have to do a full lift or I can try a larger implant that was high profile.He also said he would reduce his surgical fees.New estimate $5000 for a impalant exchange and $7900 for a full lift. I don't have $16000 !

Augmentation Mastopexy

Hello,At least based on your version of what happened, any surgeon that recommends a crescent lift to someone with your breasts should be discounted straight away. In fact, any surgeon that recommends a crescent lift in anyone should be suspect; it is does nothing but elongate the areola. Even worse, his suggestion for a larger implant would not alleviate the problem of nipple malposition and residual ptosis. Cut your loses and move on; you certainly don't want this person to perform a much more complex operation on you like a formal breast lift. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that are expert in all forms of cosmetic breast surgery, not just implants.Best of luck!

Faced with a Dilemma

Dear ks721, I am at a disadvantage since we do not have any preop photos to compare, and I hate to pass judgment without that knowledge. However, you are in a bit of a dilemma now. If you were to convert to a full breast lift you are most likely going to have to have smaller implants or else the skin flaps will not close comfortably. Certainly, a larger implant is not going to solve the problem. Perhaps the surgeon felt you were adamant on being a certain size requiring this large an implant?? I do not know the answer to that. The difficulty is going to be that now that you have a scar from the crescent lift, it will effect the circulation to the nipple areola complex if you do have a formal breast lift now. I hope this has been helpful. Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Asymmetry, and not enough lift

Hi ks721
I am sorry that you are unhappy, and I see what you are talking about.I would say that the asymmetry and appearance, of sagging may improve somewhat over the next several months, and with the scars being so red, I am hopeful that you will get some improvement.Personally, I find that the crescent lift only gives marginal lift, and would agree that a full mastopexy is in order to get you the significant lift that you will want.  At the same time, asymmetry that remains can be corrected.  Understand that the asymmetry can be corrected by making the larger breast match the smaller breast.  This is the simplest, least expensive/invasive/painful/risky way to go.  Of course, you must be happy with the smaller breast size.  Alternatively, a larger implant can be replaced in the smaller size.I would be willing to evaluate you to review your options, and I'm not too far from Dallas.
All the best.

2 months post op, some advices:

thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Unhappy with breasts

Thank you for your question.  It will be helpful to see pre op pictures for comparison. You are 2 months out and your breasts will change still in the coming months. I recommend to wait for 4 months and re evaluate and possible for revision.

Not Happy With Breasts

Sorry that you are not happy with your initial outcome. At just two months post-op, however, you still have four months or so to go for swelling to go down and have a better idea of your final result. Without seeing pre-operative photos, it is difficult to see why a crescent lift was recommended over a full breast lift.

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your photographs and I am sorry that your current results have not been what you anticipated from surgery.  You are only 2 months out from surgery and you should see some improvement in your results over the next several months but it does appear that you may have benefitted from a more formal lift at the time of your implant placement.  Based on your narrative I would not advise a larger implant as this will only worsen your breast sagging.  The tradeoff of scars for a better shape is a large consideration so discuss this with your surgeon as well as his revision policy to better understand the costs.

Post op frustration

Thanks for the question and your photos. I'm sorry that you are not happy with your result. Without seeing a preop photo it's hard to comment on what recommendations I would have made. Looking at everything now however, placing a larger implant is not the answer IMO. I would wait a minimum of 6 months. If your desire at that point is to have the nipple position placed higher or the implant volume adjusted then that could be entertained. I would continue to have discussions with your surgeon to explain what your expectations were pre op and what your perceptions are post op. All of us want our patients to be happy, but there are limits to what can be done. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Post op aug

sounds like a difference between expectations and results. in my hands and judging from your dissatisfaction with an expected result, the lift should have been offered and performed to begin with.  a larger implant will not fix the problem. perhaps you were adamant about not wanting the scars involved with a lift

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Feel breasts are droopy two months after augmentation and crescent lift.

From your photos, it appears that you still have significant drooping after augmentation and "crescent " lift. You may see a little improvement with time, but not the correction you desire. The " crescent " lift will not correct true drooping , or ptosis. At this point , you would best be served by conversion to a full lift or mastopexy. These are issues that need to be discussed in detail with your surgeon before surgery so that your expectations are realistic. Also , how  corrections are to be addressed should also be discussed at the preoperative appointment.