What can I do about my gynecomastia surgeon calling it quits?

I had gynecomasia surgery done about 8 months back. My problem is the area above my nipple seems to be caved in, when i flex there is a slight 1.5 inch circle crater near my nipple area.when am standing normal my upper chest looks bigger than lower.with small flexing forces the identation become noticeable. also when i ask him he always says the reason my upper chest is higher than my lower is because thats how my muscle is shaped. but i can see the outline where too much fat/mass was removed.

Doctor Answers 4

Seek a Board Certified Surgeon for Possible Gynecomastia Revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 116 reviews

Fat Graft Needed

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Dear questions123450,

It would be helpful to see pictures of your condition. Nevertheless, it is still going to require a consultation. We perform a tremendous number of gynecomastia cases annually. If too much tissue was taken out then consideration should be given for a fat graft transfer from another part of the body into the area to see if that can be smoothed out.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Robert D. Wilcox, MD
Dallas Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

What can I do about my gynecomastia surgeon calling it quits?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Based on your description, you will likely be best off seeking additional opinions from well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in your area. Best wishes.

Gynecomastia surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for the question.  If you are dissatisfied with your results, you can research other board certified plastic surgeons to get a second opinion.  

All the best,


These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.