Would I get a good result from extended TT & full lipo on back? (photos)

I'm 5'4 and 195. I was wondering if I would get a good result with a extended TT, breast reduction, neck lipo & full back lipo. I'm planning to lose more weight (around30-40 lbs) since I wouldn't have it done until Oct. 2017. Also, would the lipo smooth out my back fat & give me a better side profile on my neck/chin?

You appear to be a good candidate for body contouring and breast reduction.

It’s great that you’ve given yourself a reasonable amount of time to lose 30 to 40 pounds. Slow and steady weight loss is the healthiest way to proceed and can help to ensure that you keep the weight off. Because a tummy tuck removes excess abdominal skin, you’re right to wait on the tummy tuck until you’ve lost more weight, as you’ll end up having additional loose skin as you continue to shed weight. I recommend an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine which procedures can help improve your appearance, as you may be a candidate for a body lift instead of or in addition to liposuction.

Lipo and tummy tuck

If I saw a patient like yourself who was asking what type of surgery I thought would get them good contours and a flatter tighter stomach I would recommend liposuction and abdominoplasty during the same operation. I would infact liposuction your upper and lower back, your abdomen and hips first. I believe doing this circumferential liposuction gives superior end results for a couple of reasons. First, doing liposuction of the lower back will better define your curves from the back but also will improve the shape of the butt, giving it a little bit more of a shelf than before! Liposuction of the upper back can improve the bra rolls. Liposuction of the abdomen and hips will also help give you some better defined curves and will allow your stomach to be even flatter. I do think liposuction of the neck will improve your side profile
The tummy tuck part would then remove all the scars and stretch marks below the belly button and allow your abdominal muscles to be tightened to give you a nice, flat, tight abdomen. Of course, the only way to really determine what the best surgical plan for you would be, would be to evaluate you in person. Hopefully you are being seen by a board certified plastic surgeon! Best of luck in your journey!Ankur Mehta MD
Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Am I good candidate

Thanks for your inquiry and excellent pictures. I am glad you are losing your planned weight before surgery,  I do think you will be a good candidate for tummy tuck and possible a breast reduction.  It is hard to tell at this point if back liposuction will work well or not, please seek an in person consultation after you have lost 15-20 more pounds.  Good Luck.  

Combination procedures, tummy tuck and liposuction?

Thank you for your question and set of photos. You are a great candidate for the procedures youre looking forward to. Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands.  The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time.  The closer you are to your ideal weight before surgery the better your result will be. the ideal would be to lose the remaining weight to reach and stable weight with a BMI below 30. Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Would I get a good result from extended TT & full lipo on back?

Thank you for your question.  Congrats on your weight loss and be sure to continue to get down close to your ideal weight before surgery.  Based on your photos, you have excess skin at your abdomen and back - a circumferential body lift would likely be necessary and can be staged.  Liposuction alone would not address the issues of the back however would be good for the neck.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Makeover after weight loss

Hi MzNoonaCongratulations on your weight loss (in advance).
I think you may  be better served with a "360" body lift either as a one or two staged operation.  I say this because the back has saggy excess skin with overall loss of support.  Lipo may give an acceptable result too.
I think you would be an excellent candidate for neck/chin lipo.
You would likely be fine for breast reduction.
I would advise you to start the process of choosing your surgeon, be sure that the weight loss is medically supervised, and be sure that you get appropriate medical work up and clearance.
Best of luck to you.

From looking at your photos, I think you will have a very nice results with an extended tummy tuck and liposuction to your back and love handles/flanks. You will still have some loose skin over your back, but if you are not pleased once everything is healed, you can go back for an excision of the skin (leaves a scar along the bra line). The more weight you can lose before the surgery, the better your result will be. Lipo to your chin/neck area will definitely help you profile giving you a sharper angle.

Congratulations on losing weight. You have the typical sequelae of loose skin after weight loss. An extended tummy tuck or circumferential body lift procedure will help with the laxity on your abdomen and hip/buttock area. I don't think that liposuction alone will tighten the excess skin in your mid back and this will usually not improve with the body lift. Many patients shaped like this require an upper back lift to remove the skin rolls. For your neck, you might consider doing Kybella injections before considering liposuction. This is an injection procedure done in the office. Your best course of action would be to get an in person consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who performs these types of procedures.