Help with Gastric sleeve!

Hello all!!! I'm a 28 year old female and dealing with obesity issues. I weigh 295 but o have been trying to lose weight by changing my diet and exercise 3-5 times a week. I was informed by my doctor that because I have no weight related issues, the weight loss procedure would be considered cosmetic. I'm really desperate for change and in need of help as I can not afford the full cost of procedure. IS there any options or chance of some type of assistance?

Doctor says Bariatric surgery is cosmetic

You say you weigh almost 300 pounds, but don't give your height. Unless yo are more than 6 feet tall, your BMI is 40 or greater. Most insurance companies would not require you to have any comorbid medical conditions in order for you to qualify for surgery with a BMI this high.

If you are unfortunate enough to have an insurance such as Medicare or Medicaid that does require a comorbid condition even with a high BMI, you are stuck. You will either have to pay cash or get a job with good insurance. I take care of many patient who have to pay out of pocket and we have a reasonably priced package that costs $11000 for sleeve gastrectomy. 

Mark Pleatman MD

Bloomfield Hills Bariatric Surgeon