Had full TT with muscle repair. Hematoma at 3 wks requiring draining in office and drain placement via ultrasound. (photos)

Please look at my before pics and my 4.5 month post op pics and tell me what went wrong. This cannot be normal swelling. What can I do? Upper abdominal protrusion and skin dimpling/not tight. Hematoma was on upper left side above belly button. My upper abdomen is just like a big hunk of dimply fat. I am 5'6" and weigh 150. I eat right and exercise every day/ have some muscle weight - in shape and healthy size 6. Had 3 c-sections and could not get tummy in shape so had TT.

Had full TT with muscle repair. Hematoma at 3 wks requiring draining in office and drain placement via ultrasound.

It is difficult to tell you exactly what is going on without an examination. It has been my experience that when a patient develops a hematoma post op after a tummy tuck, it is usually because they pop their plication suture. They do some sort of activity that they are not supposed to such as sexual intercourse or heavy lifting etc. They then develop pain in their abdomen above their belly button and fullness. The sutures essentially pull through the muscle under strain and causing tearing which leads to bleeding (the hematoma). This will liquefy and then drain out the umbilicus or require drainage through the skin. The fullness that remains long term is because the muscle is no longer plicated above the belly button. This may be what is going on with you. It is best to see your PS so that they can do an examination.