What is necessary to fix a Tuberous Breast Deformity? (Photo)

How much surgery will I need to make them look like normal breasts (fuller/ less snoopy-like/actual cleavage). Would it require more than one to accomplish that (others have needed areola red, tissue released, lift, etc) and if so what would the price range be? I'm 22, 116, 5'2 and I've been embarrassed by my breasts since I've had them. I'd like them bigger so guy ever confused my belly for my boobs again, but more than anything, I'd like to be able to undress without snuffing any/all light.

Tuberous Breast Correction

Thank you for your question and photos. It appears that you could achieve the improvements you are looking for with a combination of circumareolar breast lift and implants. Your Plastic Surgeon can balance and correct your areolas as well as release constriction in the lower poles to allow rounding out of the breasts. Placing implants further fills out and reshapes the breast. I recommend that you book an in-person consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in this area to discuss your goals and options.

All the best

What is necessary to fix a Tuberous Breast Deformity?

Thank you for the question and pictures.
Yes, I think your breasts do demonstrate some of the qualities seen with tuberous (constricted) breasts; there is a wide range when it comes to tuberous/constricted breast presentation.

Generally speaking, some of the characteristics seen with tuberous breasts include a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy” areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping).

Generally, correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.
In the most severe cases of tuberous breast, a more complete breast lift may also be necessary. In many cases however, a lift is not necessary. The patient should be aware that the final result will take months to see and that they will need to be patient and that revisionary surgery is more likely than in patients who do not present with tuberous (constricted) breasts.

In your case, if the appearance/shape/size of the breasts are a concern, you may be an excellent candidate for corrective surgery.
When you are ready, please make sure you consult with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who have significant (demonstrable) experience with this type of surgery.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to corrective surgery for patients with tuberous/constricted breasts) helps. Best wishes.

Correction of tuberous breast deformity?

Thank you for your question and photos. The correction of this breast shape usually requires a circumareolar (Benelli) mastopexy technique to control the over-projection of the nipple-areolar complex. This can be combined with augmentation, and release of the breast tissue to provide a softer, more rounded contour. I would discuss these options with a qualified/experienced plastic surgeon in your area. Good luck to you.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

#tuberous breasts #mastopexy #breastlift #implants

To address tuberous breast you have to address the constricted base of your breast and usually large areola and commonly found herniation of breast tissue through the nipple and areola..

Surgically this can be done with implants, releasing the breast tissue base and performing a mastopexy. This can all done at one time, however it is not unusual to have to do some revision or touch up procedures..

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Treating Tuberous Breast Deformity

Tuberous Breasts or #tuberous breast deformity are breasts with an unusual shape. They may be very narrow at the base on the chest, or the whole breast can be very narrow in shape. There are different variations of #TuberousBreasts but is a growth and development problem which may create a great deal of angst for a young woman.
Often, those who seek to correct or improve the shape of their tuberous breasts, benefit from the results of a Breast Lift, also known as #AugmentionMastopexy.
A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis.
However, many patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness, if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. This is called an #AugmentationMastopexy. Also, the procedure will create a nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.
Those with #sagging breasts due to past pregnancies, breastfeeding, genetics or aging are ideal candidates for Augmentation Mastopexy. Secondly, asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) can be addressed during this procedure.
#DevelopmentalBreastProblems can also be focused on with an #AugmentationMastopexy. This includes if a breast is lower than the other, they vary in size, and, Tuberous Breast Deformity conditions.

Tuberous Breasts/Constricted Breasts/Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Breast Lift/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants

I appreciate your question.

Constricted or tubular breasts tend to be too narrow with a breast crease that is too high. Tight ring-like bands of tissue around the areolae and nipples may create the appearance of protruding or puffy areolae. A higher than normal breast crease may make your nipples appear to be too low or down pointing. Constricted breast features can be very mild or severe. In fact, mild variations are relatively common. To summarize, the features can include:
  • Inframammary fold (breast crease) too high
  • Inframammary fold misshapen
  • Breasts too narrow (disproportionately narrow base width)
  • Insufficient breast skin
  • Constricted or tubular shape, resulting from tight bands of tissue within breasts
  • Protruding or bulging appearance of areolae (pigmented area around nipples)
Improvement is possible and generally includes a breast augmentation, sometimes combined with a lift (mastopexy). The lift is usually limited to an incision around the areolae. During the procedure, I release the tight, constricting bands from the inside, allowing the skin to expand properly. I also lower the inframammary fold to a more ideal position and improve its shape. Breast implants help create the right amount of volume and improve breast contours, resulting in a more rounded or tear drop shape.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Scwhartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Tuberous breast deformity

Thanks for your photographs and questions.  You would be a terrific candidate for a breast augmentation should you desire more fullness and cleavage.  The "snoopy-like" tuberous shape could certainly be addressed also.  I recommend that you seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experience with these procedures.  Good luck. 

Tuberous breasts

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, you appear to be a good candidate for breast implants and a donut (circum-areolar) mastopexy. This can be performed at the same time and can help to provide more upper pole fullness, more cleavage, lift the breasts, reduce the areola and make the breasts more perky. Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Tuberous or constricted breast

Thank you for your question. In order to make your breasts look fuller and more natural, if you were breast is truly constricted, you will need an implant with some type appreciate being.  This would be within the realm of a augmentation mastopexy. It involves usually an incision on the lower border of the areola, removal of constricting bands from the lower portion of the breast, as well as a small lift to reposition the nipple. Prices vary depending on type of implant used, you graphical location, and amount of time for the procedure. If only an implant is placed without a lift, you may have a double bubble deformity. However an in person consultation would be necessary to determine if what procedure would be best for you.

Kailash Narasimhan, MD
Sherman Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Breast augmentation will greatly improve the appearance of a tuberous or constricted breast deformity.
1.  Periareolar incision
2.  Lower breast fold to appropriate distance from nipple areolar complex
3.  Subglandular implant placement
4.  Breast paranchymal radial scoring to allow the breast to properly spread out over the implant

John Burns, MD