Can filler (Juvederm/Restylane) temporarily be used before revision rhino for a dent between bridge and tip? I'm Asian.

1st procedure was I-shaped silicone implant. 2nd, replaced w/ ear cartilage, bridge & tip. Looks natural now BUT bridge and tip uneven in height. Bridge is lower so it almost looks like a saddle nose! I need to fly back to Korea then for the 3rd revision but I need to save $$$ for this. (1) Can filler be a temp. workaround so by the time it's gone, I'm ready for the revision? (2) is there anyone in the US that could do revision on this so I don't need to fly out of the country? Thanks!

A liquid rhinoplasty may be a good option for you. Fillers can be added to depressions or irregularities of the nose, so the procedure augments the nose but does not reduce the nose or make is smaller. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

Revision Rhinoplasty

I'm sorry to hear that you are contemplating a 3rd revision surgery.  Revision Asian Rhinoplasty surgery is very common in my practice and I recommend using your own cartilage to create a natural appearance.  If you are considering using fillers in the interim, please make sure you use a hyaluronic acid based filler that is easily reversible with hyaluronidase before your surgery.  Please consult with a board certified specialist in the face who can help you achieve the results you seek. 3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Filler for non-surgical rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. I often use fillers as an alternative to surgical rhinoplasty for the right patient.  A consultation would definitely help discuss your options in more detail: both surgical and non-surgical.

Can filler (Juvederm/Restylane) temporarily be used before revision rhinoplasty

Yes, this is possible. It will be important to remove the filler prior to your revision to ensure that the contours are correct during surgery. Choose a hyaluronic acid based filler and don't let anyone use Radiesse or Bellafill or a filler that cannot be removed with hyaluronidase. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can filler (Juvederm/Restylane) temporarily be used before revision rhino for a dent between bridge and tip? I'm Asian

Thank you for submitting your question.  Fillers can be used for correction of asymmetries after a rhinoplasty.  Use a filler that can be reversed prior to your revision.  Best Wishes

NonSurgical Rhinoplasty With Fillers

Yes fillers can be used prior to rhinoplasty, my suggestion would be to use a filler than can be reversed before surgery.  Best, Dr. Emer.